Main Menu

Help me shop for a riding suit..

Started by Tahoebrian5, August 31, 2011, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWF

Brian,
I can hook hook you up with Zooni, he can make you custom suit for good price. That is what our team has, they are great.

Tahoebrian5

Thanks Zoran, I'm about 2 weeks out on cash. Ill get some details when we talk on Tuesday.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

KKM

Brian,
Have you thought about Pilot. They seem to make very nice leathers. I am thinking very hard about going down in early march to be measured for a two piece suit.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

GreenMachine

I found these JR's that match my needs perfectly.  My current 2 piece JR suit can accept these, as they too come with the 360* zipper.  I went with the Motard/Super Moto shell, b/c I like the idea of all the hard exterior contact points.  I bought two, each one size different, to accommodate additional inside stuff or not.  The insides are padded and shelled too, just like one of their other race type leather jackets.  It just doesn't have the hump back.  I'm getting two different types of spine/chest/arm protectors for that though as well.  The Moto style is suppose to have a removable back pad setup, so depending on fit, I can mix and match inside hard and soft spine protection. 

Also on the order, I went with purchasing another bottom, all in black w/pucks.  That gives me two zippered bottoms and three zippered tops for any situation; cold, hot, extra padding, or not.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

CptnHornblower

Quote from: KKM on October 02, 2011, 07:54:18 AM
Brian,
Have you thought about Pilot. They seem to make very nice leathers. I am thinking very hard about going down in early march to be measured for a two piece suit.
Kevin

Kev, you should think about the one piece, a little less convienent but a lot better in a crash.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.