Main Menu

HERO CAMERA

Started by ryanmoliver, December 25, 2008, 07:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanmoliver

So I got A hero camera for xmas so I can take video at the track to study posture  lines etc. does anbody have any advice on where to mount it for cool angles etc and what mount to use. Its the wide angle one thanks for any feed back I  would appreciate it. ;D

ryanmoliver

Any pics of where you mounted yours and what video it produced from that mounting point would be appreciated.....thank you so much.

Justin

i like the reverse mount on the front. shooting so that the road behind you and the rider are in view, which should be easy with that lense.
Wide angle makes me imagine a lot of low camera mounts.  Like from the rear passenger foot peg.  That's where I'd put it!
I don't think you are going to want to see down the road too much with that lens, which is good.  i always enjoy the view of the front suspension working, also.  (not 30 minutes of it, but in a few moments thrown into a longer video is awesome.

Cool Present!

Justin

ryanmoliver

Thanks for your inputJustino is that your name I'm Ryan so mine came with a side mount the peg idea is a good idea I was thinking to go low on front of side fairing looking up with the wide angle I think it would show the riders helmet and hand action as well as the knee touching down well thats what I hope to achieve and to look back at the track

Justin

My birth name was Justin.  I loved riding with Alberto and Giusseppi so much, that I was officially adopted as a child of Italy.  I shall forevermore be known as JUSTINO.
Actually some people at my new job call me that.

PS.  Your mounting idea sounds great.  I would mount it on the fairing (perhaps on or near the turn indicator. Some footage up towards your hands, some down towards the road, and twist it around to get the forks working.
  Justino

Adiggity

Quote from: ryanmoliver on December 26, 2008, 11:32:40 AM
  I was thinking to go low on front of side fairing looking up with the wide angle I think it would show the riders helmet and hand action as well as the knee touching down well thats what I hope to achieve and to look back at the track

I am just inputting on something I have ZERO experience with, but just a thought. That is a cool idea of you wanting to see the helmet and hand shots, but I think it would be better if you mount it somewhere behind your windscreen (or get a windscreen for it), for two reasons. 1-to get more of a centered and focused shot at high speeds and 2- to get less wind noise and more engine noise....if it has a mic.

And I do agree with JUSTINO the adopted Italian, that is a cool gift!  ;D

weavefish

i know a few ppl who use it... really good picture and easy to mount just about anywhere. Chip had one at miller and he would get off the bike and load it up on those awesome flat screen TV's we have in our sweet GP pit we had... Thanks Lance what a great time we had :)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen