Main Menu

Rossi vs. Bayliss

Started by reno240sx, December 17, 2008, 11:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

That would be awesome. Two legendary riders on new bikes. I hope it works out too.  8)

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

A DRAGON

No Dought. Rossi. He's Jesus Christ on 2 wheels.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

JENX!!!

Adiggity

Quote from: scotinexcile on December 19, 2008, 07:22:53 AM
It would be better if they both got on two stock CBR 1000RR and raced just each other now that would be fun ;D
I agree it would be better and easier to see who is the better "rider" if they were on the exact same bikes. I still would take Rossi....either way. Bayliss is awesome but I think Rossi is the better rider. Nobody has dominated the sport in it's highest level more than Rossi. Like him or not, it would be hard to argue that he is the best motorcycle road racer ever. We are lucky to be able to see him live in action, I think.   

JENX!!!

^^ I AGREE!!!!! I feel soooo lucky to have witnessed rossi vs stoner in laguna., hope more exciting battles happen next year. I CANT WAIT!!!! ;D

JENX!!!

WOW!!!!!!!
that right there shows that bayliss races for the money unlike rossi who seems to race for the battle and fun......and he knows that he would loose and so wants a big compensation to do it. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z1rider

Quote from: JENX!!! on December 19, 2008, 04:53:58 PM
WOW!!!!!!!
that right there shows that bayliss races for the money unlike rossi who seems to race for the battle and fun......and he knows that he would loose and so wants a big compensation to do it. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"for the love of the sport" makes rossi look even better than he already is.

Justin

Quote from: JENX!!! on December 19, 2008, 01:05:05 AM
this guy?  ::) ;D

Jesus would never have ridden anything that looks like that.
Probably would have chosen a dual sport, given the region.
At least the tires look dirty

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

dmh2000

I don't think its fair to say Bayliss would only do it for the money. He has plenty of money (although Rossi has much more, even after the tax thing). His issue is that while Rossi is still racing, he has retired, would not be in shape and would have to disrupt his well laid out retirement plans. So it would have to be really worth it. The only possible criticism would be that he apparently doesn't want to risk losing his last ever race.

Even though Bayliss did not do so well in Motogp, I was impressed by his wild card Motogp win at Valencia in 2006, where he came in and trounced everyone. Unfortunately Rossi crashed out so it left the question open.

and BTW he wanted 1 million pounds (about $2 mil).
dave

Rand

Going racing entails significant risk.

I would not expect Troy to go out there for "fun".  He should expect to be paid well, every time he gets on the bike as a racer.

He is, without a doubt, one of the greatest racers in the history of the sport.  He was so in tune with the 1098R, I believe Rossi woul have a hard time staying with him.  Let alone beating him.

My money's on Troy and the factory Ducati.

JENX!!!

Quick comparo......
                                                               Rossi                Bayliss
World Championships                               8                       3
Race wins                                                 97                     53
Poles                                                        51                     26
Fastest Lap                                              78                     35

I think Rossi is a better rider. ::) ;D