Main Menu

SSA Benefit ride for 11yo boy?

Started by n10sive, November 30, 2008, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

n10sive

Well, the ride went well. Met Trent at $* and Heather and Jay at the Harley dealer. The benefit had a good turnout, probably about 90 people...mostly harley's and old car clubs. There were some DCSO Motor Officers attended which was nice to see. Trent and I were the only non "American Iron" but the posers in leather were nice to us LOL

The ride out in the morning was 22 degrees ( a bit chilly). On the way from Carson Harley to the first check point we stopped in to MCW to get Jay some better gloves. Tim gave us a screaming deal on some new style snowmobile gloves that worked AWESOME! Nice weight where you can still feel your bike, looks just like my track gloves, and warm! A definite buy! Thanks TIM!!!!

It warmed up into the 30's for the ride south which actually felt pretty warm. Getting to Jethro's there was a band and food in the parking lot. We ate lunch and put some bids on some items at the silent auction. I had to leave a bit early....hope trent gets the nice textile jacket for $22!!!

Thanks again to those who could make it, and those who just gave us some good thoughts! It was appreciated by the family!

[attachment deleted by admin]

trent

Turned out to be a great ride today for an even better cause. And yes we met Jay and "Natalie" (we forgive you Dale) at Harley. What happened to you Jimbo I was on the only Jap bike.

I won the jacket and gave it to my girlfriends daughter.. Happy early Christmas Kayla..

Would have been nice if more of us could have showed support for a good cause but oh well we represented well.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

I knew I would forget at least one of their names! LOL

Don't tell on me.  :D

nvgixxer

Quote from: trent on December 06, 2008, 05:06:13 PM
What happened to you Jimbo I was on the only Jap bike.
I looked at the temp at 9:00am and it read 31 degrees...........so I opted not to take a ride unitl 1:00 when it was reading 51. Sorry I didn't make it, sounds like you guys had a good time.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

trent

Some more pics... It was COOOOLLLLDDDD! In the morning

Leaving Carson Harley

Check Point 2 with warm hands thanks to Tim at MCW in Carson

Final check point. I had a pair of tens and Jay had a pair of sixes

The ladies mannn... Look OUT !! Just kidding Dandelion...LOL
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

Quote from: trent on December 09, 2008, 10:48:47 AM

The ladies mannn... Look OUT !! Just kidding Dandelion...LOL

lol. It's ok, Dandelion knows her too. 

BluApe

Great, now my wife wants to know who Heather is!!!  ;D

n10sive

sorry jay...told you going into Jethro's I was bad with names! LOL

so now...I"m in trouble because there is photo evidence of me talking to a girl, and you for riding with 'heather'....so how can we get Trent into the fun?  ;D