Main Menu

SSA Benefit ride for 11yo boy?

Started by n10sive, November 30, 2008, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

There is a Poker Run on 12/6 starting at 9am at the Carson Harley Davidson shop, ending at Jethro's in Gardnerville. All proceeds are to help an 11 year old boy, Joey Jacobsen. I know his father, and family. He was critically injured while out cutting trees with his father. A tree broke the wrong way hitting Joey in the head. He is in a coma in Reno. Here is his CaringBridge page for more info.

Anyone interested in having a SSA showing at the poker run? Looks like the weather might hold up for the event (cars will also be doing this run).
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

n10sive

p.s. After the poker run, we could drop by the gun range and put holes in some paper if people are up for it.

yzinger

ooooo I like putting holes in things....and It says I "do not have authorization" to view that page you linked...

trent

If everything goes as planned this week.. Ill ride up with ya Dale.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

Quote from: yzinger on November 30, 2008, 12:31:16 PM
ooooo I like putting holes in things....and It says I "do not have authorization" to view that page you linked...

Fixed the link. Sorry bout that.

Hope things go well for you this week Trent!

trent

Any update on this Dale? Is anyone going? I believe this is a good cause. I spent my Christmas money on registering and insuring my bike this week so Im pretty sure I will be able to go...

n10sive

cool trent! Yeah...nobody else has spoken up so I guess you and I will represent the SSA. I think I still have your cell. I'll call you friday and we'll hook up somewhere and ride to carson together.

nvgixxer

Hi Dale 'O boy!!  :) Me and the new scoot just might be up for a good cause and ride like this!
Will you be ridin' the Beemer?

Jim
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

n10sive

YESSIR! I sure will! Would be cool to ride with you again too! I guess we'll just meet you at the HD dealer since you live that way.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on December 04, 2008, 09:21:22 AM
cool trent! Yeah...nobody else has spoken up so I guess you and I will represent the SSA. I think I still have your cell. I'll call you friday and we'll hook up somewhere and ride to carson together.

Sorry guys I am working all day Saturday, plus the Duc is torture in traffic/stop'n go.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola VP on December 04, 2008, 11:53:40 PM

Sorry guys I am working all day Saturday, plus the Duc is torture in traffic/stop'n go.

Hey Alberto...it's the thought that counts so thanks for even responding and giving it consideration!

It's going to be a chilly one too! brrrrrr  :D

trent

My buddy with the buell and his wife on her stortster are gonna meet up with us somewhere. Let me know where and when you want to meet so I can pass it along.
I think chilly is an understatement its gonna be cold..
Did you get your heated gear yet? CHEATER !! LOL

n10sive

LOL. nope. No heated gear yet.

Where do you want to meet that is convenient for you guys? The *$ by the Dairy Queen...say about 8:15? Can gulp down a cup of hot java and then slab it up to Carson.

n10sive

weather update: looks like it is going to be in the mid 20's in the morning. Still up for it? We could leave a little earlier and make more stops :)

trent

Im game... 8:15 sounds good Starbucks for coffee?