Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

SV650S

Started by fyrepunk, November 22, 2008, 10:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrepunk

Looking to see about mods for my bike.  Anyone else riding an SV.  I've done alot of research online but was just wanting to hear everyones opinion. ;)

Team Gorgonzola

Talk to TWF, he is the SV guru
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

TWF

fyrepunk

A DRAGON

I got one too. I just love it.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dmh2000

is an SV650S usable on track with the stock forks/shock? everything I read most folks change them or use cartridge emulators.
dave

fyrepunk

From what i understand and have read they race them mostly stock in europe. I believe they have thier own class even.   I know you can change the front end ( a gxr750 will bolt right on)  but its not necessary.

fyrepunk

TWF

Quote from: fyrepunk on November 24, 2008, 05:06:34 PM
what the hell I'll stick this video here to since its the SV thread!
http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/fyrepunk/?action=view&current=FILE0116-1.flv
if that is what you want to use sv for you got wrong bike  ;)

fyrepunk

Ya it's definately not for doing that kind of stuff.  Going the other way with it for sure but ya know how it is when your with your bro's.   ;D

A DRAGON

You can leave them stock or up grade your suspension. What ever you want. When I'm on the track with mine it limits me on my clearance with the foot pegs. For the street the foot pegs are just fine. What a great all around bike.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

fyrepunk

The pegs eh?  Oh man i cant wait to meet you guys.  I'll look into my pegs too.  T gave me some good advice on what to do with the suspension.  Are you running your stock front end Dragon?

n10sive

:wave. I ride a Zoran built track SV. Fun bike. Funner after Zoran works on it  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

fyrepunk

What way did you go with your front end N10s?

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike