Main Menu

Spammers F-Off, Situation fixed.

Started by Admin CATZ, November 01, 2008, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin CATZ

I deleted the accounts, post, and topics of those people who spmmed the boards as well as banning their IP addresses. I have also given a few people moderator status to the forums. If there are any more spam advertising post email me (not IM me) or have Jerome call me.

NOTE: If you see any spam post left, post the exact user name of the spamer here and I'll get rid of them.

weavefish

uripsrisp still has a random thread

*make that 2 in the G-rog section 8)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

weavefish

Adiggity

I think Zach is the only one who can delete their accounts. That is why he said to email him. I will send him an email.

Admin CATZ

I banned Martirosofin & uripsrisp, blocked their IP and deleted their post and accounts.

I think as moderators you can only remove post. Plus several other permissions/ options.

However I think only the admin account can delete a member. I think it is set up this way because if the admin account is deleted on accident the forum is deleted as well.

Team Gorgonzola

I believe we need a spam proof member sign in, where you have to imput funky letters to be accepted.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on November 03, 2008, 01:04:36 PM
I believe we need a spam proof member sign in, where you have to imput funky letters to be accepted.

It's called CAPTCHA and I agree...it should be added to the forum software. Would be happy to try and add it if the help is needed.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Mike Cullen

I second that motion!

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on November 03, 2008, 01:47:44 PM

It's called CAPTCHA and I agree...it should be added to the forum software. Would be happy to try and add it if the help is needed.

You da mon Dale ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on November 03, 2008, 01:47:44 PM

That is a great idea! I will email Catz and let him know. I don't think he checks these forums that often.

n10sive

Looking at the forum software features, there is already an option to have email certification when registering a new account. What this means is that the member will receive an email to verify his address, and the person has to reply to it prior to being able to post. This usually stops most bots.

So all we really have to do is have Zach enable this feature and it should help too.

edit: it also has captcha available too according to the docs.

n10sive

now all you have to do is wait for Jerome to read this post, then contact zach, and then wait until he is removed. So oh...maybe a week? LOL

D1NO

Quote from: n10sive on November 09, 2008, 05:38:27 PM
now all you have to do is wait for Jerome to read this post, then contact zach, and then wait until he is removed. So oh...maybe a week? LOL

Haaaa... The political process.. so what are you saying D,,,,,,,,, J's always late!  :o :o

A DRAGON

What are you saying. Gardnerville boy?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750