Main Menu

After work ride Friday 8/15

Started by Timex, August 14, 2008, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timex

Going on a little after work ride Friday night around 5:30pm.  Probably meet at the bottom of mt. rose and head up.  Anyone who wants to go, let me know.  That way we can be sure to stop and meet up.

MotoPutz

MMMM, I wonder if I can get off early enough for this...

NVKrawler

Thinking the same thing... I will check back in around 4

MotoPutz

And what do you mean by bottom of Mt Rose? Starbucks? Chevron?

A DRAGON

I took yesterday off to go to the lake. Construction at night on Mt. Rose Hwy. They are stopping traffic at the old entrance to Slide Mt. and Single lane to the top witha pilot car. It look like they were doing a slury seal. You might want to go up VC instead.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz

Well I grabbed my gear, so whats the plan??

Timex

We are meeting at my friends house @ 5pm.  He lives off of town st. at the very north end of washoe valley.  Based on what Jerome said, I don't want to get cought up in traffic.  VC is cool enough, but we want to do something a little longer than just VC.  Putz or anyone else have any ideas, we are up for anything.  We can meet really anywhere.

NVKrawler

Not gonna make it...  >:(

Enjoi the ride!  ;D

Timex

You still gonna go Luke? Anyone else?

MotoPutz

I just got back from Slide Mountain peak. Which means I had to drive up to the Mt Rose summit, to the little rest stop. There is no road construction going on or pilot cars or anything. From the Slide Mountain side turn to the summit there is a fresh layer of surfacing and some loose gravel in the middle of the road and the shoulders but the lanes are clear. Traffic is typical. I am still down to ride and I am having my work mate meet up with us but I need to tell him a place.

Timex

Cool.  Lets meet at the Chevron on Mt. Rose @ 5:30

MotoPutz

Sounds good, I let my workmate know.