Main Menu

the ride home from bike night...

Started by yzinger, August 12, 2008, 08:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

An old style CBR f4i with grey/red coloring and a dark colored GSXR. I am referring to you two.  for those of you who did not whitness what me and my friends did, here is a little summary. On Virginia St and 5th, these two riders proceeded to get off of their machines and yell at a "cager" (guy in a car for those not aware of the term). yelling then led to a slap fight between the CBR rider and the driver. they got back on their bikes, rode a block, then proceeded to chase the subaru as it drove away very rapidly.
that was the event.

now, I am no ones father here (I hope), but this is not the SSA way, or any other way for that matter. Just an FYI, the bikes that passed you then watched.... Ya, one was an off-duty cop and the other a civilian with the police. You not only made yourselves look like complete F-heads, but make the rest of us who actually ride with respect look bad. I dont care if he cut you off, kicked your bike, or called your mom nasty things; Bikes vs. cars never win. Ride with respect for people and you shall get respect.

That is my rant. If anyone knows these two individuals, give them my blessing... they are going to need it if that is how they live life.

XIII

It was not just them that received less than ideal cage respect. My girl ended up getting behind a really obnoxious driver (hair brushing, reaching at passenger seat etc.). I thought she had been taken out because I didn't see her behind me for 2 blocks. If she had been taken down, I wouldn't be real happy about it. So you were behind them but didn't see what happened?

yzinger

i didn't see what "instigated" the meet & and greet because I was too far back. when we caught them, thats when we watched the whole thing. but frankly, in my mind it doesn't matter. you will never win a fight against a cage. grow up, swear inside your helmet and have a safe ride to your destination.

We actually got bad looks and yelled at by bystanders because they thought we knew them...I hate that feeling.

XIII

I wouldn't lay all of the burden of responsibility on them. Who knows, maybe it was a really, really close call. I wouldn't go about it myself in that way though...

yzinger

I was in a rant when I typed it, however; In my eyes, their actions are completly their responsibility. They could be the Saints of Reno (nicest guys ever) but their actions speak different. The way the public percieves us is generated by individual actions, which is quite unfortunate.

XIII

eh, I didn't see it so I can only generalize my statement anyway. You had witnessed the account so you have a better judgment of the ordeal...though you didn't actually see the offense. Nonetheless, recommendation stands and we should be more aware of the situation at all times. I would like to hear what happened from their viewpoint though.

yzinger

A DRAGON

I didn't see the incident your speaking of. But I know crazy things like that happen all the time. When someone makes a mistake while driving remember you have probably done something just a silly when you were behind the wheel. Try and give them the opportunity to say their sorry. If they don't. Be very happy you were on your toes and was watching for the unexpected. That always makes me feel better.

I was stopping for a red light last evening coming home from work[. AS I stopped for the light I always give myself some room for some one to get by. (Stay in one of the tyre lanes. I was in the far left lane.) AS I came to a stop the truck behind me passed me on the right and ran the light that was RED for around 3 to 5 seconds. I was so pissed I wanted to pursue him and as what the hell he was doing He could have Killed me. I watched what street he turned on and I kept on driving by. I didn't want to get into a fight He was on the phone when he passed me. I thought maybe he was in a really big hurry and I just don't know the reason he did such a stupid thing. I had covered my butt and he took the chance of running the red light. I was O K because I covered my butt. Maybe next time he won't be so lucky.  I'm really happy I learned something in my 13 years of riding.

Like I said I don't know what happened in the above mentioned meeting. I just always want to be happy that I covered my self. I am a big believer in CARMA. It happens to me when ever I'm out of line. So I'd like to think It's that way for everyone. They will get their lesson I don't have to be there to make sure that get it. Or make it happen. I have better things to do on my own time.  That's just my 2 cents worth. I hope it can work for you one day./b]
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

Quote from: KazeXIII on August 12, 2008, 09:17:19 PM
I wouldn't lay all of the burden of responsibility on them. Who knows, maybe it was a really, really close call.
I don't want to pick on you here, or pick on anyone.
A really, really close call doesn't ever justify battery, period.  I don't give a shit what happened.  (If you don't believe me ask a judge)

In New York I witnessed a friend of mine riding with his wife (2 up) get hit by someone who made a left on front of him.  Clipped his rear tire.  I stayed with the injured parties (that's what I do) and the rest of my group followed the motorist and got her to pull over. She didn't know that anything happened.  She was drunk... They held onto her car keys,  detaining her until law enforcement arrived. 

My version of how to deal with a close call:
We are wearing scary clothes and dark helmets.   A verrry slowwwww disapproving shake of the head is all I do.  If it is very reckless, I'll report the car and sign a complaint

Here's the other version:
Are you Mrs. motorcyclist? I am sorry to inform you that your son was shot this evening after an assault that occurred between he and another motorist.  Yes, it looks like a simple road rage incident.  Paramedics are taking him to Renown. . . They are doing everything they can.  Do you have someone that can drive you to the trauma center?

NVKrawler

I always think the biker is in the right... I am bias towards them. I stopped to make sure they were alright.

Not sure if you saw this but they chased him again because he damn near rear ended them and locked up his brakes right after swarving directly at them again. I would have broke his mirror off for doing shit like that. He was endagering those guys lives even after they got back on their bikes and kept on their way.

It was shitty though having those cars at the next intersection think we were part of that... not cool.

Adiggity

Quote from: NVKrawler on August 13, 2008, 08:26:27 AM
I always think the biker is in the right... I am bias towards them. I stopped to make sure they were alright.

Not sure if you saw this but they chased him again because he damn near rear ended them and locked up his brakes right after swarving directly at them again. I would have broke his mirror off for doing shit like that. He was endagering those guys lives even after they got back on their bikes and kept on their way.

And that is a perfect example of why they should've handled it differently. Like yzinger said. You will never win in a fight with a bike vs. a car/truck. No matter what the car did to instigate it, they should've let it go. They are lucky they didn't get run over. Some people just don't get how easy they can hurt or kill people when driving their cars. It's bad enough when your in a car as well, but on a bike, you should never put yourself in that position. Like Jerome said, cover your a$$ and don't worry about the idiots on the road. There are plenty of them and slapping them around, or whatever isn't going to change the fact that they are idiots, or just plain bad drivers who aren't paying attention. It is in your best interest as a rider to just let it go.

By doing what they did, they make the motorcycle community look bad, imo. It's just not worth the risk or the bad image. Some people hate motorcyclist as it is, just for being on the road (especially sport bikes). You don't need to fuel the fire.  :-\

NVKrawler

eh, tuche...

I guess i am not as cool headed in the heat of the moment...  :-[

Team Gorgonzola

Next time read and remember their plate, stop, and with your cell report the episode of road rage to the RPD and you'll definitely ruin the idiot's evening. Cops are all over road rage and would have actively pursue him. Years ago I had something like that and they almost run me into a wall in 5th street so I don't chase idiot cagers anymore.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

XIII

Quote from: Justino on August 13, 2008, 12:53:11 AM
Quote from: KazeXIII on August 12, 2008, 09:17:19 PM
I wouldn't lay all of the burden of responsibility on them. Who knows, maybe it was a really, really close call.
I don't want to pick on you here, or pick on anyone.
A really, really close call doesn't ever justify battery, period.  I don't give a shit what happened.  (If you don't believe me ask a judge)

In New York I witnessed a friend of mine riding with his wife (2 up) get hit by someone who made a left on front of him.  Clipped his rear tire.  I stayed with the injured parties (that's what I do) and the rest of my group followed the motorist and got her to pull over. She didn't know that anything happened.  She was drunk... They held onto her car keys,  detaining her until law enforcement arrived. 

My version of how to deal with a close call:
We are wearing scary clothes and dark helmets.   A verrry slowwwww disapproving shake of the head is all I do.  If it is very reckless, I'll report the car and sign a complaint

Here's the other version:
Are you Mrs. motorcyclist? I am sorry to inform you that your son was shot this evening after an assault that occurred between he and another motorist.  Yes, it looks like a simple road rage incident.  Paramedics are taking him to Renown. . . They are doing everything they can.  Do you have someone that can drive you to the trauma center?

I do not advocate the fisticuffs. Harsh words perhaps but no fist fighting. Do not tell me that you had witnessed that and did not feel any sort of anger. Everybody gets angry but it's how you handle it that matters. My girl got into a situation with a driver that same night. I was angry, she was angry...but we just kept going. The rider is ultimately responsible for themselves and gaining street experience and wisdom goes a long way. So Adam, you were there then?

Justin

Anger? Yes.

Assault and Battery is another story.
If it isn't self defense it's a crime.
Chasing isn't self defense.

I wouldn't choose to escalate and put myself in further danger.  I've been shot at, spit upon, cursed at, and once someone tried to stab me in my own ambulance.  There is a proper response, and none of those times merited "chasing someone down," my training and my experience has told me that my safety is the priority,  to get myself into a safe position.  For me, the safe location is not "chasing them" and having an altercation.  That would be the stupid location.