Main Menu

pix of my gix, for Dino

Started by Yard Sale, August 06, 2008, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Because you aren't going to be at the track this weekend...

Note the USGPRU sticker covering the painter's logo on the tail.

Note the name on the windscreen. I found the bodywork is part quick-release when I changed the water.

Metzeler 190 DOT, Ohlins shock with hydraulic preload adjustment.

Supposedly a rare titanium Yoshimura exhaust "you can't even buy." Whatever. To me that just means you can't get cheap crash replacements. Vortex rearset controls look medieval.

Nice paint job, nice safety wiring job. Every little thing is wired, including hose clamps and banjo bolts. I doubt there's anywhere in the country this couldn't pass tech. I won't be oiling the track unless I throw a rod through the case.

K-Tech fork internals (red compression adjuster is visible), braided brake lines, Ti headers, Pirelli Super-Duper Double Dragon Corsa XXIV (or something to that effect). The wheel has been used and abused.

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

Wow she's a beauty. Now how in the world are we supposed to stay ahead of you with you riding that monster? Is that a 1000 or 750? :o
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

trent

There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

JENX!!!

in borat's voice......very nice!!! :o
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

nvgixxer

Holy smoke.................that is one clean, lean and mean looking track machine! I don't think I have seen any nicer than that! WOW!!!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

jlavallee

Nice! The paint is great at least in those pics. Who did it?

Yard Sale

750 or 1000, ha! I will ride a liter bike when hell freezes over. It's a 2006 GSXR600. I was looking at 04-05 750s when Zoran recommended the 06-07 because it is shorter and more compact. I rode Lisa's 750 and loved it, but it was a little porky feeling. The 600 is identical with lighter engine internals.

The paint was by MC-somebody/something. Probably SoCal or Vegas where the original owner is from. He was a Willow Springs big dog but I guess he built this bike for his kid.

D1NO

FINALLY... ;D that is a sick bike E!!! cant wait to see it in action..

zipbyu

Thats sweet,  I couldn't wait to crash it, if it were mine.  Have fun. ;)

Johnny

Nice ride!  Guess I won't be able to be you in the straights now :(  You still have the TZ right?

Timegrommet

WOW! that's so nice  I just soiled my self.

Yard Sale

Very nice, I like!

I rode my TZ250 in the morning sessions Saturday and hopped on this for the afternoon sessions. Big difference in suspension. This thing really smoothed out the nasty bump that threatened to crash you out of the left hander. Plush, sweet suspension. If my 250 had this suspension I would kick ass on it. I touched my right knee down, which I've never done before.

Sunday on configuration C I scared myself at the end of the front straight on the first lap. I guess it's that much faster than my F4i. It's nice riding a bike that can keep 1000s within reach on the straights.

Adiggity

Wow, just saw this. Looks very clean. Nice work.