Main Menu

Weelend over night to HWY 1 Aug. 8-9-10

Started by A DRAGON, August 04, 2008, 07:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resistor

Going to bed...I'll post the rest of the ride report tomorrow...
2005 GSXR-600

JENX!!!

WOW!!!! AWSOME PICTURES!!!! sorry we missed out on all that fun., hopefully next year I can come. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Resistor

I hope so too, you can only say "next year" so many times before it's too late and it becomes never.
2005 GSXR-600

weavefish

Quote from: JENX!!! on August 11, 2008, 10:19:27 PM
WOW!!!! AWSOME PICTURES!!!! sorry we missed out on all that fun., hopefully next year I can come. ;D

you coulda gone this year you lazy bum!!!   :P
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Resistor

Sunday:
Well Sunday morning rolled around and this is our last day and we need to make it all the way back to Reno.  This is going to be the longest day of the ride.  We slept in a bit and left Eureka about 9 (if I remember correctly) and made our way straight to Hwy 36.  The first section of the Hwy is beautiful, we need to stop to soak in the environment and take some pictures:

Here is Chip, the "true" tree hugger, he wants to ban all dirt bikes to save the trees!  :P

Here is Jerome kicking it back in the grove:

Here we are at the famous sign:

Gotta keep the sign clean, I think he put plexus on it!

We made it to the other end of Hwy 36 to Red Bluff with almost no traffic.  The conditions were great and the smoke was light, but it sure was hot as we descended down into the valley.  Jerome got gas halfway to Red Bluff to make sure we don't repeat the same incident of last year.

We spent about 30mins driving around Red Bluff looking for a good place to eat.  After talking to people for directions we finally find the dinner.  At last, we're ready for some good eating.  It was hot, so Jerome wanted and ice cream, they were out.  So we asked what kind of pies they had, they were out.  So Jerome wanted to get a Root Beer, they were out.  He had to settle for a Pepsi.  He wanted a straw, they were out.  We needed some napkins, they were out.  I ordered a mushroom burger, they were out of mushrooms.  As you can tell, we're never going back to that place again.

We took Hwy 162 back, sorry we missed you BigCat, I didn't check the voice mail.  We ended up rolling by the lake after you called us.  162 is so nice now that they have it completed.

Can't wait for next years Coast Ride.

Miles 400
2005 GSXR-600

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750