Main Menu

Weelend over night to HWY 1 Aug. 8-9-10

Started by A DRAGON, August 04, 2008, 07:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

I reserved 2 rooms on Friday and 2 rooms on Saturday in Eureka. Fontana was full.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

since your up there make sure to stop bye and get some Gold Rush Coffee. (there is one by the eureka mall) Friends of the family own and opperate it and its the best coffee i have ever had. i wish i could come :( could visit my family.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Resistor

Figures Fontana is full, they're probaly having "reggae on the river" again.
Thanks for the coffee info fish, we'll probably need that Sunday morning.

Here is a pic from last years ride:  :P
2005 GSXR-600

weavefish

No problem  ;D  here is a link to a picture of the place. cant miss it lol

http://www.goldrushcoffee.net/organic_coffee_energy.html

you'll want to bring some back with you
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

OUCH!  I'm going to replace my battery before I go.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Russel and I will be departing form the Dairy Queen on W. McCarran by Starbucks at 1:00. Is there a  better way to start off with a ride than to have some Ice Cream. If you want to meet us on Sunday in Oroville call my cell    775-560-6998   See you next week and enjoy the track if you go.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

You guys have good trip ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Boy am I tired. We rode over 1000 miles this weekend. Go SSA!!!!!!!!! My leggs are like mush. Should I ride my bike to work tomorrow? Yeah I'm an SSA member baby.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

Resistor

No, we didn't stop by the coffee shop.  We stayed at the very southern end of Eureka at the Comfort Inn and didn't get into town.
2005 GSXR-600

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

JetdocX

I have pics, but I took a different type of ride this weekend. :P

http://jetdoc.smugmug.com/gallery/5665163_oyJCG#348757217_Aw7AW

Go ahead and have a look.  Doing a ride report over on ADV Rider.

Resistor

Another epic trip, these coast rides are so fun.  Thanks for the good times and great company Chip, Jerome, and Greg.

Friday:
We met up at Dairy Queen, had lunch and left Reno around 1:45.  Boogied down I-80 in tight formation, and I mean tight formation, Jerome and I side by side with Chip right behind and between us.

From Davis we took Hwy 128 up by Lake Berryessa.  I made a wrong turn, instad of staying on 128, we got on 121 which brought us a little south to Napa.  Chip we looking pretty worried when he found out we didn't know "exactly" where we were.  No problem, we knew we had to head north and west and that's what we did, until we got to Santa Rosa.

Checked into our room, and then Oneup (Greg) picked us up and we went down and had a nice dinner at Chevy's.

I didn't take any pictures on Friday.

260 miles
2005 GSXR-600

Resistor

Saturday:
Ah, the big day, the day we head out and enjoy the majestic coast on Hwy 1.  We went down to Mill Valley and got a drink at StarBucks.  We met this nice young lady from Sweden.  Jerome gave her an SSA business card, hopefully she'll see this:

We then get our first taste of Hwy 1, the fog was light and the road was dry, very nice condition in the morning.  We stopped at the usual spot in Point Reyes (I think) for breakfast.

We met this guy in the parking lot from Marshall.  That is seriously a small town, when we rode through, the sign said population 50.

Took a quick pick of the ocean where we decided to rest.  Not the most scenic place but it's all gorgeous along hwy 1.

As you can tell in the above pic, there was not much trees (cover) and the one little bush that was growing there had this sign  :-X  Guess what we did...  ::)

We then stopped in Fort Bragg for lunch and met these two guys from Canada.  They were quite the characters.  They've been traveling through the US, put in about 3,000 miles and were on their way home.  They had some good stories of their adventures down here in the states.  Look how small I am compared to that guy on my right:

So we make it to the spot where Hwy 1 turns into the mountains and leaves the coast.  You can see in this picture below where Hwy 1 turns right and leaves the coast behind:

We decide to take a couple of pics next to the coast since we didn't really stop much.
Here we all are taking a post next to our machines:

That cliff behind the bike is a sheer drop-off.  I was hoping an earthquake wouldn't happen while taking this pic:

Now on to the best section of road that Hwy 1 has to offer...If you guys have not been on Hwy 1 from the coast over the mountain range into Leggett, you've got to do it someday.  You'd wish it could go on forever and never stop.  Got to the other side and ate some berries that were growing on the side of the road, while Jerome went back to get more of Hwy 1.

We booked it up Hwy 101 to Eureka and called it a night, didn't even leave the Inn, we had pizza delivered to the room.

350 Miles

2005 GSXR-600