Main Menu

Weelend over night to HWY 1 Aug. 8-9-10

Started by A DRAGON, August 04, 2008, 07:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Does anyone plan on going on Our annual Weekend overnight to Hwy 1 This year. I need to make hotel reservations. Post up here please.

We will stay in Santa Rosa Ca. On Friday night. Start Hwy 1 on Saturday morning, with breakfast at Point Reyes Lighthouse cafe. Head up Hwy 1. Lunch at Ft. Bragg. Spend Saturday night in Fortuna Ca. Come home Sunday morning via Hwy 36 to I-5, down to Oraville to Hwy 162. We should be able to meet the Sunday ride crew there Around 2 p.m. And come home from there. Should be home around 6pm.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

nvgixxer

WOW! Can't think of a better way to spend a weekend!!!! How soon do you need a firm "count me in" answer?
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

trent

There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

A DRAGON

We can actually leave any time on Friday. It should only take us a few hours to get to Santa Rosa, Ca. I generally leave around noon (12). We get there and check into our room, then head out for a quick trip to Hwy 1. Come back for dinner they bed. I just want to make sure if anyone is still interested in going. I like to go to Hwy 1 at least once a year. So if anyone is interested in going still I'll go with you. I just need a head count for the hotel res.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

trent

Im torn between this and the track days for $99. I feel that I should go to the track to justify the money I spent on my track bike but this ride sounds like a lot of fun. I think Im going to the track. Im learning sooooo much there and having fun doing it. Hope you guys have a safe trip if you go. If not Ill see you at the track!!
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Resistor

Hey Jerome, you know I'll be on the ride.  Hwy 1 along the coast is a blast!  Have you heard anything from Grey Goat?
2005 GSXR-600

Oneup

I don't have a street legal bike running right now so I can't go but I will meet you guys for either dinner or breakfast.  Santa Rosa isn't too far from my place.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

MotoPutz

you could borrow mine if you were in town, I will be out of town wednesday night till tuesday (in bakersfield of all places).

A DRAGON

Well finally some action on the weekend overnight. Looks like 2 of you are going. So That makes 3 total with me included.
I haven't heard form the Goat so I'll call him on Wednesday. See whatz up!
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

i cant go. gotta work friday and am on call all weekend....
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

JetdocX

I'll be riding the Lost Coast.  If you see an ugly green Tiger and a really ugly BMW GS flag us down!

Have fun and stay off the PO-PO's shitelist!

weavefish

i used to live on the lost coast...where you going?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

JetdocX

Going to ride the Lost Coast highway (that I'm told does not exist). ;D

To me, it's a squiggly line on a map.  I like roads like that. ;D

Oneup

Thanks for the offer Luke, but there is no way I will be able to get to Reno then ride back here then return your bike on Sunday.  I will just have to wait till next year.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Resistor

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 06, 2008, 12:18:36 AM
Well finally some action on the weekend overnight. Looks like 2 of you are going. So That makes 3 total with me included.
I haven't heard form the Goat so I'll call him on Wednesday. See whatz up!

Who else is going?  looks like it's just you and I.  Let me know what's up with the goat, I'm kind of worried, he was supposed to be here for your swim ride and give us a report of hwy 36.
2005 GSXR-600