Main Menu

2007 GSXR 1000 wheelie question

Started by Timbo, July 30, 2008, 11:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

I purchased a 2007 GSXR 1000 and I was wondering why it wont do a power wheelie by just rolling into the throttle. It has a TRE , BMC filter , Power commander and a yoshumara Full system the bike has 700 miles on it

Oneup

Should do a power wheelie in 3rd gear.  What technique are you trying to do a power wheelie.  Are you just holding full throttle and hoping the wheel comes up?  I feel reluctant to give advice but I know my 04 has no problem lofting the front wheel. 
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Timbo

This bike is new to me . I`m used to the low end torque of my TLR 1000 I sold it last week in the wheels and deals

yzinger

if it is new just feel it out man. same as above: reluctant to give hints on something like that.  :-X try....buying a yamaha?  ;D

Oneup

I understand what you are going through.  I sold my TLR to buy my GSXR.  Play around with it but take it easy.  It is a little harder to get the tire the first few inches off the ground than a TLR but once it comes up it comes up fast.  I tail tapped and destroyed my tail section within the first month of owning my GSXR

Timbo

Ok thanks. What do you guys think about the TRE that Ivan sells does it really do anything or is it a waste of money. It does mess with the gear indicator on the new GSXR

MotoPutz

As far as the wheelie thing goes, I'm willing to bet its a body position issue more then a power issue. Just take it easy till you get a feel for the bike's power.

Oneup

TRE's make a difference in power.  It tricks your bike into thinking it is in fifth or sixth gear.  Suzuki has a different map for first through third gear than it does for the other three.  When I plugged mine in it made a difference.  Also I don't have a gear indicator to mess with so it was a good buy for me.

Team Gorgonzola

What does Zoran say....oh yeah "open throttle etc etc" ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Johnny

The front end of your GSXR1000 will easily do a wheelie.  Is the power commander tuned (programmed for your bike)?  Even if it wasn't your GSXR has plenty of power.  Do you have that button/mode set to A B or C?  I don't remember but I think "A" is full power.  As far as wheelies go...  I personally don't like it when some of my buddies do it on the street with a bunch of cars and showing off in front of the girls but here's a link to wheelies in case you don't already know how to http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6656191590638402466 Anyways, be safe out there bro.  Johnny :)

Justin

Screw wheelies.  They perform absolutely no purpose (unless you are in dirt or trials)
It's inefficient, and as bad for the fork seals as well as the reputation of motorcyclists.

nvgixxer

Quote from: Justino on July 31, 2008, 11:11:39 PM
Screw wheelies.  They perform absolutely no purpose (unless you are in dirt or trials)
It's inefficient, and as bad for the fork seals as well as the reputation of motorcyclists.
I agree 100% with that statement!
Here's an idea, why not head for the track or mountain twisties and LEARN how to RIDE that gixxer as it was designed/intended to be ridden!!!  :)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

n10sive

Quote from: nvgixxer on August 01, 2008, 06:38:10 AM
I agree 100% with that statement!
Here's an idea, why not head for the track or mountain twisties and LEARN how to RIDE that gixxer as it was designed/intended to be ridden!!!  :)

Incomplete sentence Justino... " OR BUY A UNICYCLE!" LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Bicycles weren't designed to do trials on them either but as with any machine, we can get them to stretch the limits in all possible way. This includes learning wheelies and stoppies. No I'm not saying you should do them any time the road goes straight, but this definitely falls under the, "to each his/her own". I love wheelies, its the closest you can get to flying. I'm also an adreniline junkie that doesn't feel that skydiving is much of a thrill. Wheelies are not for the track or on a crowded road, but they do have their place. Lets not bust the kids chops for wanting to ride a wheelie.

IMO