Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Miller Aug. 08 pics and video

Started by Yard Sale, September 01, 2008, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trent

Glad to hear everyone is OK !! Sounds like you guys had a good time though..
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Yard Sale

I just did some calculations...

Thirteen 30 minute sessions at 3.5 minutes per 4.5 mile lap = 468 miles

Woulda been fourteen sessions but for a 4:30 PM Sunday thunderstorm and a front slick tire! As it was, I rode two sessions among the rain drops.

Some of those sessions were 25 minutes or 28 minutes, and one was shortened by a red flag, and I was going slower in first Saturday sessions, so the actual mileage is probably 420-450. That sounds about right, considering I burned the few gallons of fuel I had in the tank to start, ten gallons I brought with me, and about four gallons purchased locally.

jlag

zipbyu

Quote from: Yard Sale on September 02, 2008, 04:44:18 PM
I just did some calculations...

Thirteen 30 minute sessions at 3.5 minutes per 4.5 mile lap = 468 miles

Woulda been fourteen sessions but for a 4:30 PM Sunday thunderstorm and a front slick tire! As it was, I rode two sessions among the rain drops.

Some of those sessions were 25 minutes or 28 minutes, and one was shortened by a red flag, and I was going slower in first Saturday sessions, so the actual mileage is probably 420-450. That sounds about right, considering I burned the few gallons of fuel I had in the tank to start, ten gallons I brought with me, and about four gallons purchased locally.

I went through around 7 gallons a day.  I road around 250 miles the first day and a little less on sun.

Yard Sale

I just checked the AMA Pro Racing web site and from the 600 Supersport race, the race times were 2:52 - 3:07. I think we were doing around around 3:30.

A DRAGON

Yard Sale. Where did you get your information about my front tyre? As far as I know my Front was fine. I adjusted my rear tyre pressure to be 32 psi when hot and it worked out fine. I think maybe you've been sniffing to much of that sun block.. :-\
I do want to say to oneup. Thanks for the set up on those rooms. They really made the trip that much better. The crash was unfortunate but I'm OK now. That was probably the best track day of my life up to that point. I'm just really happy your OK. Your pretty valuable to this club. And I kinda like you to. So don't let anything any one might say discourage you. Or even me for that matter. We've worked it out, and were, you and I are OK. That's what really matters.

I think we really need to make this Track Day Next year an Official SSA day at the track. I will ask Lance at Keigwins to reserve us 12 spots. They will be first come first serve. I think the club should be able to spring for 2 MotoGP Garages and we'll get some food catered. It will be a wonderful event. I really had the time of my life. I really enjoyed spending my time with the crew that was there. We even got Eric to laugh :o I can't wait till next year. ;D ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Yard Sale

I was talking about your rear tire. It looked to have the same problem as the one Adiggity shagged at Thunderhill.

Adiggity

Oneup and ADRAGON, sorry to hear about the mishap. I know how it feels to crash someone else's bike and it really sucks! Makes you feel like a dirt bag. Especially when the bike has never been down before. It is bad enough when you crash your own bike. It has definitely made me think twice about borrowing a bike from now on and if I do, I try to ride at about 80 to 90% MAX. I know it is easy to get caught up in the moment especially on those damn 750's. (Me and those bikes just click)

Just wanted to say I'm glad your ok oneup and I know how it feels. It's just something that can happen if you borrow someone's bike and on the other side of that coin, it is something that can happen when you let someone ride your bike. Keep your head up man. It was an accident.

Sounds like y'all had a good time minus the crash. Too bad I had to miss it. I need like 3 of me to do all the things I'd like to do at the same time. That way I wouldn't miss anything. That would be sweet.  ;D

JENX!!!

yeah I would love to have an extra 10 of me(clones) ::)....then I can have them do all the work while I do cross country trackdays and roadtrips!!!! ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

TWF

Quote from: Adiggity on September 04, 2008, 10:52:09 AM

Just wanted to say I'm glad your ok oneup and I know how it feels. It's just something that can happen if you borrow someone's bike and on the other side of that coin, it is something that can happen when you let someone ride your bike. Keep your head up man. It was an accident.

just look at it from bright side.you could have crashed your own  ;D

zipbyu

He dose that too,,,,Fear less, pushes the limites.
We wish we could do it too to do it too.

Yard Sale

Check it out, Dito snapped some pics of me showing local hotshot (and Tarik's bud) Shane Turpin around ...  ;D

http://gotbluemilk.com/web080831/108/imagepages/image26.html

http://gotbluemilk.com/web080831/108/imagepages/image38.html

I was just bitching about the fact that these guys bring these high-dollar, high-zoot Ducatis to the track but nobody rides them fast. Then the next thing you know, I got bitch-slapped by #14. I think it was a 1098, I don't know, he went by too fast.

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....