Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Miller Aug. 08 pics and video

Started by Yard Sale, September 01, 2008, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

video of one lap learning the track Saturday morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiTPVvygTKI
(click watch in high quality)

video highlights (lowlights) from Saturday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxVtVsc4BE
(click watch in high quality)

GP garage:

The Dragon's 750:

...and its tire trouble:

zipbyu's 600:

zipbyu's tire trouble:

The Dragon's 750 after its turn one incident:

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

n10sive

what's with the tires? was there something wrong with the track?

Looks like a nasty crash...Jerome OK?

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

D1NO

WOW!!! just saw this.. Everybody came out ok? Jerome?

Oneup

Jerome wasn't on the bike when it crashed.  And yes, physically I was fine after the crash.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

Sorry to hear about the mishap Greg. I can imagine your pretty upset about it....

Oneup

Yeah, unfortunately I made a bad choice that ruined Sunday for two people.  I just have to make sure to learn from my mistake and not let it happen again.

n10sive

Well...your pretty cool peeps Greg and I hope it all works out. Mistakes happen and I hope you can get over this one :(

Yard Sale

first video is linked in first post

What bad choice? Simply riding a borrowed bike?

Tires were probably too high air pressure. I think Jerome may have a setup issue on his bike since his previous tire looked the same.

The track is very fast and hard on the rear tire, easy on the front. It also grabs leather knee pucks. Next time I may wear plastic.

D1NO

Sorry to hear about that G... Glad to hear your ok.

n10sive

damn! How long is that front straight!
Looks like a fun track...more turns than I remembered....

Oneup

The track map says 23 turns but I think there are more named turns than that.  Front straight is like 3500' feet.  Long enough to see over 165 on the speedo of my 600.  The track is by far my favorite so far.  The only problem is you need a bike with lots of horsepower.  There are lots of straights and fast corners.

Yard Sale

Front straight seems a few hundred yards longer than Fernley's. Must be much longer, because from a slower final corner, I was using most of sixth gear at Miller, whereas I only use fifth at Ferntucky.

165 had to be speedo error with changed gearing. We both had -1 front & +2 gearing on our 600s, which was perfect Saturday, but was a little tall with the wind Sunday. I'm guessing top speed was in the 150s with the six hunnies. I had my GPS work only for the first session and it said 147 with a poor drive out of the final turn and not holding WFO as long as I was later.

BTW, someone has to explain to me how a 2006 GSXR600 with a fat git can woop ass on a 2007 CBR600RR with an anorexic rider down the front straight. Not that I'm complaining.

I always thought anything over a 600 was overkill; for experts and wannabes. But that track is so fast, in a power-sapping environment, and I can see the appeal of a big bike there.

Yard Sale

Oneup

Your gixxer is pumped up a little and my CBR is mapped for a different exhaust.  Once I get my Akropovich back on there it might be a different story.  I think the difference in weight showed at the end of the straight when you couldn't pull on me as hard.  But at lower speeds your bike was definitely pulling harder than mine.