Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Track Day for Beginner

Started by MnMTriumph, August 16, 2008, 05:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MnMTriumph

Im getting my finaces to have all my gear by end of this month. Was just wondering if there was a track day coming up end of sep beg of oct that wouold suit a beginging  C class rider. Witch track is too tecnical for a beginer or to have a track that helps out beginners.

n10sive

SSA is having a trackday Oct 5th as far as I know

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Oneup

If you are looking to go at the end of September or early October our day on the 5th is a good choice.  We generally have smaller groups and chances are you will know the majority of people there if you attend bike night and Sunday rides.  If you are looking to go earlier I suggest doing a Zoom Zoom day for your first one.  They have a very beginner friendly C group along with class instruction at no extra cost if you choose to attend.  Their next days are Friday August 22 or Monday September 29.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

JENX!!!

Get ready to be ADDICTED!!!! ;D
Go to our  SSA trackday on oct 5th!! VERY friendly environment...lots and lots of good riders that are more than willing to help you out with ANYTHING!!!! Promise you wont regret it. ;D...and if you havent yet, show up at our bike nights and say hi....you will be glad you came.(might even win something)
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

Quote from: Oneup on August 16, 2008, 06:25:03 PM
If you are looking to go at the end of September or early October our day on the 5th is a good choice.  We generally have smaller groups and chances are you will know the majority of people there if you attend bike night and Sunday rides.  If you are looking to go earlier I suggest doing a Zoom Zoom day for your first one.  They have a very beginner friendly C group along with class instruction at no extra cost if you choose to attend.  Their next days are Friday August 22 or Monday September 29.

Just a heads up ZoomZoom is running the race config on the 22nd. may not be the best for a 1st trackday.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

MnMTriumph

Do most sponcers post what bike regs thay want and if so where would i look. Like I heard about watter wetter, and sosmething about you have to have race tires.

weavefish

race tires. not gonna speak for every provider but you dont need race tires (i ride 2cts) Z2 does req water wetter or similar non glycol based coolant.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Oneup

Every provider puts on the internet what they require for bike tech.  Most do not require water wetter anymore but I think Zoom Zoom does.  Race tires are not a requirement, you just have to have tire that are in good condition.  For your first several track days you probably won't need anything fancy like race tires.  Just get your gear, disconnect or tape your lights, and remove your mirrors and you are pretty much good to go.  Just be warned, the track is like a drug and there is no going back once you try it.  It is a blast.

Oneup

Quote from: weavefish on August 16, 2008, 08:12:35 PM

Just a heads up ZoomZoom is running the race config on the 22nd. may not be the best for a 1st trackday.

It really won't be that bad for begginners.  It will be tiring.  You will probably hear the faster guys complain more than the C group riders because of how much of a workout it is with no place to rest.

trent

I just did my first track day on July 12th with Zoom Zoom. They were great. The coaches are super nice and are more than willing to help you with every part of learning the track. The classroom stuff really helps out too.

These guys are right though, it is ADDICTING. Ive already bought a track bike and done 3 more track days since.

The guys at Pacific Track Time are having a day at T HILL on Sept 8th. They are a good bunch of people too.

There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

D1NO

Dont listen to them!! It is not addicting ::) ::) ::) I just cant think of anything else to do. :)

A DRAGON

Hey MnMTriumph boy. Read all the threads in this forum on Track Days they will answer most of your questions and you might even laugh a little.

But Dino is right it's very addicting I too have bought a Track only bike.  I've been doing them for about 12 years. It's what our bikes were made for. No mater how bad you treat them they just seem to want to go faster. You don't want to ever disappoint a lady you know.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Jerome, ladies like it rough sometimes, you should know that with your playin self.  :)

As far as the watter wetter, I think it is more of a track requirement more than it is a trackday provider requirement. RFR does not require it (because of the temperature swings here) but some of the other tracks do. So it just depends on where you are doing your trackday. On the tire question, I've never heard of anyone requiring race tires. Just make sure the tires you have are still in good condition. You don't want to throw your bike away and possibly hurt yourself because your tires were shagged.

MnMTriumph

cool thanks for the info I think im gunna try rfr on the 5th I have watched enough video on that track I think I somewhat know it.  And if something does go wrong im a little closer to home.

TWF

Quote from: MnMTriumph on August 18, 2008, 05:10:46 PM
cool thanks for the info I think im gunna try rfr on the 5th I have watched enough video on that track I think I somewhat know it.  And if something does go wrong im a little closer to home.
you can wait that long? :)
you should do both,zoom zoom is this friday.