Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Zoom Zoom B group Video

Started by n10sive, July 08, 2008, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

OK. Finally got the video  salvaged from my helmet cam from my first time in B group at Zoom Zoom this spring, and second trackday at RFR. Some people were talking on another thread about 'traffic'. The video of the 3rd lap shows a good example of what it's like to be wadded up in the corners with no place to go. I crashed in turn 13 on Lap 3 when the lead group checked up hard on me causing me to chop my throttle mid turn. The helmet cam did not dump the last 5 seconds of video to the SD card so me sliding down the road is not shown :( It was also my first time out with the VHOLDR Helmet cam. I did not have it adjusted properly so a lot of video when tucked in is looking down. Didn't get a chance to view this video to correct thanks to the crash and it wiping out the Cam.

Second Lap Managed to turn a 3:10 with some real raggedy lines. Will work on my problem corners and hopefully get that down! :)

Third Lap (Crash, not shown)

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Oneup

Unfortunately ball-ups like that happen at the track.  More often in the slower groups.  The only thing I can suggest is if you are stuck behind a big group of riders that you cannot get around pull into the hot pits for a second.  With the speed that bikes get on the straight if you pull off the track onto the hot pit and then pull back on the group will be a good ten to fifteen seconds ahead of you before you get back to speed.  Usually doing this will clear the track for you for the rest of the session.  It also give that ball-up time to clear up. 
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

I was actually going to hot pit after this lap but never got the chance! :)

Yard Sale

Wow it's almost like turn 3 is a different turn and it makes 4 totally different when you aren't double apexing 3.

n10sive

is that good or bad? Inputs on lines are more than welcome

Adiggity

I've found it's a better line to double apex turn 3. Square it off more in the middle and you can get better drive going into 4. But it could be different with an SV 650. Also around 9A and 9B you shouldn't stay so tight. Let your speed coming in carry you out more and square it off mid turn to get better drive coming out of 9B. The only other thing I noticed is there are some corners where you aren't even hitting the apex at all. Can't remember what turns they are. Next time we are there at the same time, I'll follow you for a few laps and see if I can give you some pointers.

Ohh, and adjust your camera so I can see better!!  :D

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on July 09, 2008, 08:24:17 AM
Next time we are there at the same time, I'll follow you for a few laps and see if I can give you some pointers.

You have to show up to the track first! ;D

JENX!!!

Quote from: Oneup on July 09, 2008, 08:32:18 AM
Next time we are there at the same time, I'll follow you for a few laps and see if I can give you some pointers.

wonder when thats gonna happen ::) HAHAHHAA
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on July 09, 2008, 08:32:18 AM
You do realize I do 4 or 5 times the amount of trackdays you do right?...if not more. ;)

Dandelion

I just have to say that I love talking to all of you racer folk out there.  My learning curve is being compressed by your knowledge and I truly do appreciate it!  :)

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on July 09, 2008, 10:55:33 AM
You do realize I do 4 or 5 times the amount of trackdays you do right?...if not more. ;)

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :'(

n10sive

The only other thing I noticed is there are some corners where you aren't even hitting the apex at all. Can't remember what turns they are. Next time we are there at the same time, I'll follow you for a few laps and see if I can give you some pointers.

Yeah...those are my 'problem' corners :) Hey...I figured I would get 72 turns down and work on the other 36 at other trackdays....work them off a track day at a time  :D

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on July 09, 2008, 06:09:12 PM
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :'(
Nice come back! Truth hurts huh.  :P

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on July 09, 2008, 06:14:06 PM
Yeah...those are my 'problem' corners :) Hey...I figured I would get 72 turns down and work on the other 36 at other trackdays....work them off a track day at a time  :D
We've all got em. You counted 72?! I got 75 when I counted......

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on July 10, 2008, 08:36:52 AM
Nice come back! Truth hurts huh.  :P

Not really, besides, that statistic is a little old and at this rate will soon be completely false. :)