Main Menu

I t-boned somebody at RFR today

Started by Yard Sale, June 21, 2008, 09:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

I may be the biggest proponent of sane riding and harshest critic of bonehead moves on the track, so it pains me to admit I t-boned somebody today at the track.

I almost ass-packed him on the brakes going in to turn 2-3, then followed him up the hoot n hollar. I went by on the inside going in to the left hand 8A, when he turned in early. I got on the brakes harder and the front locked up, which surprised and disappointed me. The bike kept going straight but I couldn't turn it in until I got the front wheel rolling again or it would tuck and I would crash and take him out. I said out loud, "Fuuuuuuck." I was hoping he would see me and go wide. Right after I got traction back we came together, right side of my Yamaha 250 versus left side of his Kawasaki, crunch. So I guess I got it turned, but too late. We both kept it up. I looked up to see Dito of GotBlueMilk.com pointing his camera right at us.

My Axial Video camera was looking backward at my throttle/brake and probably caught the aftermath. Maybe it will show if I panicked on the brake. Dito's picture shows my foot off the left peg after impact, which I don't recall.

The victim was very cool about it after the fact.

JENX!!!

That sucks!!!! sorry to hear that., well atleast you both kept the bikes up.....
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Yard Sale on June 21, 2008, 09:02:01 PM
I may be the biggest proponent of sane riding and harshest critic of bonehead moves on the track, so it pains me to admit I t-boned somebody today at the track.

Nobody is perfect...you just have to remember this little mishap next time you want to scream at somebody for messing up in front of you :-[
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Ditto Alberto. Some times those bone head moves really had good intentions but we just made a mistake. It happens. But the next time we'll put you to death and melt your bike on Tuesday for a sacrafice to the gods. ;) Be Kool and don't be to hard on your self.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Resistor

2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

Yard Sale

Yeah, in the end we hit side to side. But it sure looked like I was going to T-bone him as he turned in.

There turned out to be some damage. Right footpeg bracket was bent in. That messed up the pipe mount, and the pipe messed up the fairing lower.

Johnny

Wow...  Glad everything worked out ok.  Looked you where about to make a dirtbike turn :) 

Justin

Thanks for selflessly sharing your story.  It's cool to hear crash analysis, learn from it, and realize that incidents can happen to everyone (even "the biggest proponent of sane riding and harshest critic of bonehead moves on the track")