Main Menu

JULY 26th & 27th - SSA Track Day @ RFR July 26th & 27th - Sign Up Now!

Started by Admin CATZ, June 11, 2008, 07:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Quote from: weavefish on June 26, 2008, 03:14:27 PM
looks good to me :) i really like turn 9A though.. which way is it ran? up or down the hoot-n-hollar?
It's the highlighted section of the track. Hoot n Hollar isn't hightlighted.

Adiggity

Quote from: Yard Sale on June 26, 2008, 10:13:35 PM
It's going to be more headache for the club to run that configuration, with its track entry and merging traffic from opposite directions. Unless Zoran and/or Z2 bigwigs let us in on their "magic."

That is why I said we are still trying to work things out. We will NOT run it with people coming to the entrance against traffic coming into turn one. I am thinking we could merge people through the wall before turn 1. But we have to work that out with RFR.

n10sive

The main question should be, "What can the club run safely" based on the experience level of those who will be helping out. The club has gained very valuable experience with it's members running the full 'C' configuration. This next track day might be missing some key members from my understanding (Adiggity for one). So should we just consider the same old boring 'c' config or one of the standards that people have ridden before? I know it's boring, but liability for some of these more complicated configs might be too much. Sorry for posting this on the board, but I don't know of any other venue to voice a concern about running the Z2 course.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Yard Sale

QuoteI am thinking we could merge people through the wall before turn 1
Bring a jackhammer, that wall is thick!

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on June 27, 2008, 10:44:39 AM
The main question should be, "What can the club run safely" based on the experience level of those who will be helping out. The club has gained very valuable experience with it's members running the full 'C' configuration. This next track day might be missing some key members from my understanding (Adiggity for one). So should we just consider the same old boring 'c' config or one of the standards that people have ridden before? I know it's boring, but liability for some of these more complicated configs might be too much. Sorry for posting this on the board, but I don't know of any other venue to voice a concern about running the Z2 course.

Don't apologize for posting that! There isn't anything wrong with posting your thoughts. That is what the forum is for. I just think if we have a problem within our own club, it should be resolved in a more personal and private matter that isn't available for the whole world to read. Or we could just have all of our girlfriends and wives become members and have our lovers quarrels through the forum. That way people that don't even know us can chime in on what they think is the best way to resolve our problems.

Now back to the subject that you mentioned. I think you bring up a good point. We (Jerome and I) were just thinking of mixing it up a little bit. But if the general consensus is that nobody wants change then I guess we'll do C both days. In my opinion, one of the great things about RFR is the possibility of running different configurations. A race track is a race track. They are all fun.  It's good to spice it up a little here and there. If not then why do we ever try different tracks? Besides it teaches you how to adapt to different corners and how to play with bike set up. Hone your skills if you will. We shouldn't be afraid of change IMO.  ;)

MotoPutz

n10sive

I am not against changing up the config in actuality. What I am concerned about is using the Z2 config with tricky exit/entrance to the track, and our ability to properly control that. So I guess to clarify my post, it's to run a config that utilizes the whole front straight.

I think the club should have 'safety' in mind first, and if we are not 100% sure that we can control the hot lane, or even understand it properly, maybe we should postpone that config until after we see how Z2 does it. Or, unless people at the last trackday that ran on Sunday think they have a good handle on it, and would be there BOTH days to help out.

Just my 2 drachma's :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Oneup

We shouldn't be missing any key players. Adiggity hasn't shown up yet ;D
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Oneup

Quote from: com3 on June 18, 2008, 08:18:27 PM

and i can't, for the life of me, remember this dude's name...  on the red CBR...

Ha!  I finally got on a computer that would load the picture.  My name is Greg, but the CBR is yellow and blue now.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

JENX!!!

just got my ticket for saturday( will buy my sunday ticket after payday ).....YEY!!!! see you guys there!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!! ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

zipbyu

The negativity is overwhelming at some points in the discussion. The whole purpose was to see if anyone wanted to possibly run a different track configuration or had any other ideas.

The feedback from the members and participants who were involved was that the C configuration was the primary configuration to run this day and possibly others. We had some good feedback from experienced riders that have ridden in other configurations as well, and we are open for options to make the track days more fun and more challenging for the majority of the group, which will also make track days more frequent and affordable.

Because our notability as a group is increasing, we'd like to try out new things to make it more interesting for the riders.

Myron

Adiggity

Quote from: zipbyu on July 06, 2008, 06:43:16 PM
The negativity is overwhelming at some points in the discussion. The whole purpose was to see if anyone wanted to possibly run a different track configuration or had any other ideas.

The feedback from the members and participants who were involved was that the C configuration was the primary configuration to run this day and possibly others. We had some good feedback from experienced riders that have ridden in other configurations as well, and we are open for options to make the track days more fun and more challenging for the majority of the group, which will also make track days more frequent and affordable.

Because our notability as a group is increasing, we'd like to try out new things to make it more interesting for the riders.

Myron

Well said Mr. Myron.  ;)

Adiggity

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

weavefish

so quick question but will camping out at the track be allowed and if there is what if anything will it cost?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen