Main Menu

Manual Chain Tensioner

Started by RedLeader, June 23, 2010, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedLeader

Anyone used them? Thoughts? Do they increase wear on the chain or anything? The 03-04 636's are infamous for having bad auto-tensioner's in them.
Example of manual
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=5130872&showprevnext=1
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

karneybo

Manual Tensioners are the way to lots of bike these days their tensioner springs go bad cbr's do big time.  Ive got one on my bike I say the only down fall is you have get to the adjuster about every 500 to a 1000 mile and adjust it and ( at least for my bike ) its a bitch to get to it and its a stand adjuster nut 5/8.  No real wear increase just dont over tighting it.
Carney

2wcp

I have put these on many bikes, many brands. I know there a few bikes that have bad buzzing type vibrations at certain RPMS because of the stock tensioner. If they are adjusted right then you shouldn't have any abnormal wear. And you shouldn't have to adjust it often at all. If you are having to adjust it that often you might want to check that it isn't backing out on you or measure your chain and make sure it is still in spec.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

RedLeader

Quote from: 2wcp on June 25, 2010, 08:17:06 AM
I have put these on many bikes, many brands. I know there a few bikes that have bad buzzing type vibrations at certain RPMS because of the stock tensioner. If they are adjusted right then you shouldn't have any abnormal wear. And you shouldn't have to adjust it often at all. If you are having to adjust it that often you might want to check that it isn't backing out on you or measure your chain and make sure it is still in spec.
Thanks Steve. That's exactly what i was worried about.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

JENX!!!

couldnt you safetywire it somehow so it never backs ut?
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

2wcp

Quote from: JENX!!! on June 26, 2010, 02:19:59 PM
couldnt you safetywire it somehow so it never backs ut?
its got a locknut, just torque it right.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p