Main Menu

*Moved* Roll Call - VC - Tahoe Loop Saturday 5/13

Started by GreenMachine, May 10, 2017, 12:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Clockwise loop, VC to CC, to S. Lake Tahoe home and around west lake.  Either return view north lake and Mt. Rose or through Truckee.  South route ride.

Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU)*.  Conditions are somewhat unpredictable.  This is a C pace ride, so all riders should feel comfortable with the pace.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  Anticipate roadway water runoff along our route.

As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Donniemetro

Sounds like fun. I'm in !

Donniemetro

Should've looked at the title more clearly. If you're doing this on Saturday, I won't be able to do it. Besides, isn't Sunday Mother's Day ? I'm out out either way 😩

GreenMachine

I didn't do a very good job at defining the ride title.  Yes, Sunday May 14th is Mother's Day.  We typically have a ride scheduled.

Too bad you can't make it.  There's always next weekend.  At least until the end of September.   :o
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

If you change it to Sunday, I can make it.  Saturday I cannot.    Have fun if you go Saturday.

RG
2 strokes always...............

Vegasrider

Bummer, I'll be in Carson City going thru my instructors training. Swing by the DMV range and you just might see me.

GreenMachine

The forecast showed rain on Sunday, which is why I switched the day to Saturday.  But now it appears Sunday only has a change of showers, which we can usually ride around.

Still, it's going to be chilly on either day in the AM hours.

Would you guys prefer to risk it and ride on Sunday instead?

dub

I don't think you will get wet on Sunday.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Wade68

I am good for either day.  Saturday sounds good tome if there is a choice.  Either way I will trying out the new Concours 14... Yee Hah!

rg500nut

did you ride today? or are u going tomorrow?

GreenMachine

Wade & everyone,

I've moved the ride to Sunday.  Sorry, I didn't check the forum last night and now it's too late to get to this ride on time.

Gonna work around the house today instead.

See any of you guys tomorrow.

rg500nut

RG will be @ Mavericks for KSU.  Better if we waited to 10:00, might be warmer. 

See u there GM......and others....

rg500nut

GreenMachine

I'm out for doing Tahoe.  Could get a late start and just do VC.  If you're still up for riding VC, I'd say 10:30.  Brrrr!!!  If you want to do Downieville and perhaps over to Nevada City, we could do 10:00.  For VC, that's south route start.  Downieville is north route start.

I rode for a tad today and it was bone cold chilly.  Far better in California.  Downright nice, actually.  Not very enjoyable in Nevada.

Wade68

I rode the VC, CC, to South Late, to Incline and across Mt Rose to Reno today by myself.  Not hot, but I was riding.  I will tomorrow also, just hope others are willing.  What time at the Maverick?