Main Menu

05/17/14 - Roll Call -- Group Ride Marlkeeville

Started by GreenMachine, May 15, 2014, 04:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Moved up a day early to Saturday!
Okay, maybe the weather won't slip out of our hands yet again.  Daytime high in Markleeville is forecast to be 64*.  The day before is suppose to be much warmer, so probably some wind too.  Let's start KSU at 10:00 AM at the bottom of hwy 341/V.C. Hwy Maverik .  

Always a good ride.  Not too long.  Maybe if the group is feeling frisky we can go up a ways onto Ebbetts as well.  I know they just tar snaked Diamond Valley road, so if I'm leading we'll just skip that for this round.  I went on it earlier this year.  No thanks!  Fat snakes.

We'll lunch in Markleeville unless the group decides otherwise.  It might be cool to head over S. Lake east shore on the way back too and mix it up a little.  I came back through there on Tuesday evening.  It was lovely as always.  Much better than I-395/580.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Ha.............where did you dig that pic up from? Ralph (busa) and I last year up Ebbetts Pass at Mosquito Lakes.
I hear you on that Diamond Valley Road tar snake situation. I rode it two weeks ago and was slipping and sliding so bad I backed off to a crawl pace just to get back to the hwy.
Question for you guys: Any possibility of doing the ride Saturday rather than Sunday? The reason I ask is that the forecasted temp in Markleeville is showing 73 for Saturday and only 64 on Sunday. Just a thought.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

I like your thinking on your feet NV!  Let's take a vote on that.

All those in favor of riding in the warmer Saturday weather say Saturday or move to Saturday.
All those in favor of sticking with riding on Sunday speak up for Sunday.  

We'll decide after 1:00 PST today.  Whichever side has the most votes and there has to be at least one to decide against Sunday, we'll go with whatever is selected.  I'll make the necessary adjustments.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

I vote for Saturday.

RichVee4

My daughter graduates from UNR Sat so not available.  Likely wasnt going to make the ride Sunday anyway.   If the weather cooperates may try to get a short ride to VC for lunch Sunday.    
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Congratulations!  We'll catch you and Monica on another ride.

Actually, if you want company on Sunday, riding VC sounds like fun.  I have to be back in Reno by 4:00 PM anyway.  Let us/me know.

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvgixxer on May 16, 2014, 11:38:21 AM
I vote for Saturday.
SATURDAY IT IS!

Thanks for the input Jimbo!

RichVee4

Thanks.  Sure, anyone in the mood for some BBQ lets meet at Maverick Sunday 11am.  Do the loop, 6 mile, Dayton, truck route, food!  :)

nvgixxer

Great! See you at the Maverick in the morning!

nvgixxer

Quote from: Richman on May 16, 2014, 01:57:51 PM
My daughter graduates from UNR Sat so not available.  Likely wasnt going to make the ride Sunday anyway.   If the weather cooperates may try to get a short ride to VC for lunch Sunday.    

Ditto on the congratulations Rich. We'll hook up again soon enough! The riding season is just starting!

Jimbo

GreenMachine

RichVee4

Awesome!  This will be the unveiling of Monica's new ride.

GreenMachine

Both for Saturday's scheduled ride and Richman's on Sunday!

:disco

288RR

Well I won't make the sat ride,  have to work  :-\.  But I should be able to make it suday for a quick one ;D

RocketRider

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!