Main Menu

07/22/12 ride. Thoughts anyone?

Started by GreenMachine, July 21, 2012, 08:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

It's suppose to be 66* overnight and 97* on Sunday.  I would be terrific weather for a swim ride, but I'd be more into doing a chilling C pace ride than just a swim ride.

What do you guys think? 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

I might be up for a ride with out the swimming.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

I presume North Route Starbucks?  Let's say 8:30 AM.  We'll figure out where we want to go from there.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

What a strange feeling getting back so early.  I didn't go any slower than I usually do, but I felt like I was holding up the show.  8)

Good to ride with you again Mel, DR1150 too.  Always a pleasure.  Sorry you were melting so badly in the Central Valley heat.  That's one of the reasons I tend not to stop if I don't have to.  Or if I do, it's gas and go.   It worked out good though, I think.

Saw TahoeBrian and his friend doing laps after we went through on one of our legs.

Nice day for riding in the Sierras.  Here are a few pics from the ride.

Tahoebrian5

Hey, I thought that was you but the blue jacket threw me and by the time it came to me I was way down the road. Then sitting in the Quincy pizza place saw you go by. Just missed you twice! Ya we were roasting also but was still fun.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

:D

When you went by the first time with a GSXR rider waaaay in tow, I told DR that I thought it was you.  When you both went by the second time, I put it together, that's Brian showing his buddy around.

You should have wheelied by us.  That would have enticed us to give chase.  Then when we caught up, you could do your vanishing act.

Tahoebrian5

Wait, that was you the first time? That was like an hour earlier! Ya my buddy is still learning so pretty slow but starting to improve. Laps on bucks will do the trick. Dang I wish I was more observant.. Coulda done a lap with ya. Alright, see you at laguna
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Mel

GM and DR1150, I had fun riding with you guys today and it was a fun pace, not too spirited and not too slow. Also, good meeting you DR1150 and I loved the sound of those pipes on your Ducati!

Mel

dr1150

GM and Mel, I had fun riding with the both of you.
It was nice to  meet you also Mel, again I hope I wasn't
riding to slow for you.
David
empty the pot of luck."