Main Menu

Finally, Its time

Started by SaintMichael, August 30, 2010, 01:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintMichael

Alright, time for an update. Long story short, I passed the course and had a great time. Short story long, this was a great course to take and would recommend to anyone & everyone. I learned a lot in 2 days, and so much of it was very basic (even things I didnt realize I was doing). Both Ed and Dan were great instructors and very patient with all 11 of us. 
2001 Yamaha R6

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do. - Groucho Marx

Scott

alright! great to hear. now we just need to get you on the Crack. . . i mean Track!
:ylwbike2
GSX-R600

Adiggity

Right on. Would you say this is a course that even an experienced rider would benefit from or is it more of a "beginner" course?

Rick Bay (BRA)

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Alumitanium

Quote from: Adiggity on September 29, 2010, 08:52:55 AM
Right on. Would you say this is a course that even an experienced rider would benefit from or is it more of a "beginner" course?

I've taken it twice. (i forgot to take the little card to the DMV and it only is valid for 1 year. So, 3 years later i did it again)
Even though you're doing the whole thing on a tiny cc bike, it can be mondane and boring until you start doing the more fun stuff, like the double U-turn in a tight space without putting your foot on the ground.

Going through MSF is 1000 times better, smarter and easier than going straight to the DMV to take THEIR test. The circle test where you MUST stay inside the lines and complete the circle without touching a toe to the ground is where most riders fail. There's ALWAYS a rider in class thats been riding for decades, but just learned by getting on. The press & roll, the counter balance by gettin' your butt off the seat and opposite to your turn is something most riders doing a U-turn don't do out on the street. The basic, simple moves most people don't know about. I was amazed to see the instructor show us that the tight U-turn can even be done in a Honda Goldwing!!!
The FASTEST rider in "D" group!!!

SaintMichael

Quote from: Adiggity on September 29, 2010, 08:52:55 AM

The first day is very basic and can be a little boring. Day two is a blast and i would say even seasoned riders could take something away from it (even if it is just cheaper insurance).
2001 Yamaha R6

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do. - Groucho Marx

Adiggity

Very cool. Thanks for the responses guys.  :)

A DRAGON

Good job.  Happy to see you became a better rider for it. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750