Main Menu

04/24 Jump on Spring ride in Cali.

Started by GreenMachine, April 23, 2010, 09:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

A really late thread for a ride over to the Auburn area to join up with a couple of Cali riders and go riding around the motherlode.  We're all sick of Winter and want to enjoy some warm temps (forecast to be 78*).   I plan on being back in Reno by ~5 PM for those wanting to see the Aces play at 7 PM.

I'm departing from the usual West McCarran Starbucks by 8:30 AM, arriving Auburn meet up around 10 AM.

DRESS WARM and [optional] bring a backpack to store your gear.  The first 45 minutes will be very chilly, I imagine.

Riders welcome, but expecting to go solo.  If you're running late, I travel at the speed limit, so you should be able to catch me. (see below right-most green bike).

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

bkrblood

man i would have love to gone but i work tomorrow 7 till 5!
John Bovet

GreenMachine

It went mostly as expected.  Froze for 45 minutes, then all gravy after that.  I was overheating by the end of the day.  Seems foreign to say that.

Here's Dean Gixxr representing at Stumpy Meadows Lake.  We stopped for a beer, well I did anyway, at Uncle Tom's Cabin, up the road.  Our clean bikes got really muddy from that.   >:(   We kept passing this one group of Harley riders out exploring the roads too.  Good bunch of guys.  They were celebrating someone's B-day and asked us to take their picture.  Wentworth Springs road had miscellaneous felled trees still in the road.

Then we headed up to Mosquito Ridge road and stopped for lunch in Foresthill.  There were a ton of dual-sport bikes up in that area.  Some of the more experience riders were leading their group out on trails for photo ops.  They said only one bike got dumped in the mud and the rivers were deeper than they thought. :D  We were able to compare our mud stories, but they were hands down dirtier.  

The last picture was taken about 20 miles in on Mosquito Ridge, where the road is still closed.  Only a few other riders up that far.  It was good to scrub off some of the Winter rust and get familiar with the bike.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Justin

awesome! Thanks for the pictures and report

A DRAGON

Nice pics. I remember that day. It was so warm. What a great day that was. See you Sunday. I might not be able to go with you guys. I can still meet up with you though.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750