Main Menu

'The Cup' returns home

Started by Justin, February 14, 2010, 08:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Congratulations to USA17 for bringing back the America's Cup.
            How I've missed you these last fifteen years!
We CRUSHED the Swiss boat (The bastards had it coming)

Justin

The major factor in the victory was "The Wing Sail" which is "the biggest wing ever built."   
MUCH larger than a 747's at 223ft tall.  2 piece design with 9 movable sections. 

n10sive

as  a trimaran sailor, I'm impressed. Heard those babies can sail 3X wind speed  :o

I know on Tahoe I could get around all over the place in a puff on mine.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

More than 3x!  I believe on the first beam reach of second race they hit 33knots in 10knots of breeze. (unofficial)
When you are thousands of meters ahead, why show your top speed.  I'd keep it quiet and win the 34th America's Cup, too.

Check out the full grown man in the white and red pants.

edmunsan

MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Wilde Racing

^^^That picture is bad ass. Even if you (I'm) are not into sailing, that picture is cool as hell....
05 CBR 1000rr

mikey

Quote from: Wilde Racing on February 15, 2010, 04:43:48 AM
^^^That picture is bad ass. Even if you (I'm) are not into sailing, that picture is cool as hell....

i second that wow what a sailing pic
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Justin

The boat actually flies.  To watch the thing sail, you half expect it to take off.
Awesome.  Definitely the fastest high tech boat in the world.
The materials are amazing and much of the technology is yet to be revealed.

Team Gorgonzola

What a beauty!! Sail expo coming up in April in Oakland Justino, gotta to go!! (family time)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on February 16, 2010, 11:11:42 PM
What a beauty!! Sail expo coming up in April in Oakland Justino, gotta to go!! (family time)

ME ME ME!! I wanna go!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

While we're there I might swing by the Golden Gate Yacht Club to welcome the trophy home.

It is called the "America's" cup after the vessel that won the first contest.