Main Menu

help for a track day

Started by mdittrich, July 12, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdittrich

Dear SSA, I have never done a track day and would like to do one on the 25th or 26th.  I have all the gear I need to ride.  I need help getting my bike to the track and setting my bike up to ride.  I've been told it is easy, just need to be guided.  If anyone is interested in helping a newbie, please let me know.

Thanks, Matt

Justin

No problem matt. the setup is super easy.  I have invited anyone who's doing their first track day to pit with me.
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/infoTackday.htm

the only thing I see omitted is taping over the brake light. Use blue painters tape so it can be easily removed.
I find the visible brake lights distracting to others.  You can elect to remove mirrors (or tape over them) and I even taped over the speedo. . . which was great advice.  I don't need to be looking down.

I don't yet have a vehicle capable of towing so I am working on getting my bike to the track, also.  Worst case scenario, I'll rent a van.

MotoPutz

I am trailering my bike and have room in my truck... unless you get a better offer...

Oneup

I also have access to a trailer.  If anyone needs help just pm me.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

yzinger

I wonce rented a unicorn but it broke down. Putz offered me a ride the track and it turned to be amazing  :P

Damn horsies

MotoPutz

youngster775

I always wanted a pony......... :'(
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

JENX!!!

^ now u have a blue one..... ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....