Main Menu

Coast to Coast in 50 hrs.

Started by A DRAGON, June 07, 2010, 02:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

I got a message from Charles on the BMW. ( He only shows up on our Solstice ride because it's the only one that has any distance) He left this morning at 7am from San Diego headed East. ;D ;D He's going to keep us posted on the time he's making.

I got my last update at 7:21pm " Welcome to Texas. Thunders storms in the forecast I'm pushing on"

I think Kye has met his match.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

5:12a.m. A blury pic "Where I stayed last night pic is blurry but yes under a road side stop canopy on the pick nick bench"   I didn't think he was going to sleep.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

June 7 4:56pm "Finally out of Texas holding 1000/24 pace but need 1200/24 pace wondering if I can make up 400 miles. I'm gonna try"  Texas is so long It's definitely a nice state to see in you rear view mirror. Charles your a Stud.  [/color]
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Finally got Charles to call me. His phone ran out of battery. I asked him if his BMW had a plug in for his phone? I said those BMW were shit bikes!!:Amour_3:

He told me the speed limit though Texas is 80mph now. Kept a speed of about 85. 70 to 75 the rest of the way. He said he made to Jacksonville at 10:10 am pacific time. Just with 15 minutes to spare.

He did say he ate a Joe's Crap shack when he was done. And was in a Hotel room getting ready for some sleep. He had to do a few 5 minute power naps to make it though.

Now get this His brother is going to swim the Keys (Islands) and he's going to follow him in the open sea. 12 miles he said. That was the whole purpose for this trip. He was kinda wired when he called me. I hope to have pictures soon. Way cool huh!!  ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

jlavallee

That is cool. Not really my thing but I can see the draw and I'm sure it'll make for a great story.

GreenMachine

I believe the saying is, 'I'll sleep when I'm dead.'

to Charles, the REAL Iron Butt.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

GREEN MACHINE. Wouldn't you go on a trip like that?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750