Main Menu

dump truck plows into 10 motorcycles

Started by 99 900ss duc, March 27, 2010, 08:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

That is soo awful. I hate seeing things like that. makes me consider not riding on the street... :'(
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

edmunsan

That sucks! I sometimes find myself doing things in my vehicle thats totally distrackting we all do it. I was on Hwy 50 west of Caverock today and I saw a guy in a subaru wrx getting sideways on a sweep and my guess his speed was over 80 and I was travelling the opposite direction in the same sweep.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Justin

Horrible.
Stupid name for a highway.  There is no such thing, especially when you're riding.

I hear ya, Youngster

j

zipbyu

This stuff pisses me off.  I is your job to drive, so pay attention.

The only think that is worse is the crappy airplane pilots that put everyone at risk when they land their plane on I-80 putting other people and familys at risk of death.  They know ther risk fling, as we do too.  We dont put others in harms way on a motorcycle, why do crappy pilots?  I think they should have to nose dive into the ground if in a city.  People who think of themselfs before others shoudn't deserve to fly.

Justin

Lots of things to agree with, and other stuff.
It certainly seems, the dump truck was criminally negligent. (I doubt it was a loss of consciousness)

I disagree with the assertion that 'we don't put others in harms way on a motorcycle.'
Contrarily, I see motorcyclists put people in harms way all the time, and sportbike riders can be very reckless. For example. Carrying to much speed into a left hand corner and drifting across the double yellow.   Passing without enough following distance and coming back into the lane to quickly.
Everybody needs to be more careful and aware of our responsibilities to others on the road.

That pilot that recently landed on 80 had a mechanical problem, most likely water from condensation in the line from the reserve tank.  When he switched over to reserves, he was unable to get the engine running.

RCFLAGGER

I personally hope the truck driver is STERILE!!!!!!!!  Temporarily distracted????  LOOKING THRU PAPERWORK???  I can understand "fixing my make-up" NOT!!!
Say a prayer folks........3 dead, several in critical including off-duty PFD capt., some up-graded to serious........
To the truck driver I would have to say this......Kharmas a bitch, and she's back in heat!!! >:(
RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

cobra23

Quote from: RCFLAGGER on March 29, 2010, 07:41:49 AM
I personally hope the truck driver is STERILE!!!!!!!!  Temporarily distracted????  LOOKING THRU PAPERWORK???  I can understand "fixing my make-up" NOT!!!
Say a prayer folks........3 dead, several in critical including off-duty PFD capt., some up-graded to serious........
To the truck driver I would have to say this......Kharmas a bitch, and she's back in heat!!! >:(

+1

RCFLAGGER

OH YEAH, juu another minor detail the PFD capt. has THIRTY-FIVE YEARS of riding expierence......
RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

bkrblood

how does this shit happen! i mean i can see one or two people in a blind side maybe but 10! hope they lock that driver up!
John Bovet

RCFLAGGER

Quote from: bkrblood on March 29, 2010, 07:07:07 PM
how does this shit happen! i mean i can see one or two people in a blind side maybe but 10! hope they lock that driver up!
HERE HERE!!   Maricopa does have the worst jail in the nation, followed only by our own Lyon co.
The will of the Gods......and maybe generations of in-breeding  would be my guess.
Really don't like to think this way but, to bad the driver survived the fire....... only hope he can't sleep for a really really long time .
My thoughts are with the ALL the victims................

Achilles775

That is horrible!
You never know what is going to happen on the street.
I had a semi truck blow an outer tire while passing on the freeway last year. Sometimes you get lucky.
"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
-Aristotle

mase

Ohh F- -K.  That was horrible.  Fuqin Tweeks.  4 or 5 counts of Felony DUI and manslaughter.  Hope he gets 15 years for each count
Sean Mason

RCFLAGGER

Quote from: XXXXL on April 06, 2010, 06:05:22 PM
driver of dump truck arrested and charge with 4 counts of manslaughter, he had meth in his system
http://www.azcentral.com/community/northvalley/articles/2010/04/06/20100406phoenix-truck-driver-charged-motorcycle-crash-abrk.html
I'm sorry, as I find it hard to simpathize....... Have lost friends and a Parent to those "under the influence"!!!!
My vote is at best Life w/o parole...... let him become someones BITCH !!!  Better yet drawand quarter alla Braveheart would suit me just fine ........ Crucification would be kind as well.......