Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Numbers

Started by Rolando33, December 26, 2008, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolando33

Hey Everyone,

This maybe a really stupid question, and already asked once before.  But, I am looking for some professional numbers to add to my bikes that I will take to track days.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I want it to look good too.  Thanks in advance for constructive advice.

Roland

Dragone

hmm, prolly not constructive advise, but leave the numbers off for a track day ride.  Enjoy your setup and learn.  Then worry about numbers.

Justin

I have fantasized about putting "2433b" on my bike for a while. Some track day providers claim that they require numbers on the bike (3 of them) but I have not seen that enforced.  Cyclegear has number packs to do it yourself but any sign or graphics shop should be able to make anything you need.  I think Jerome knows a guy who does decals and banners and that things of that sort.  I think numbers are cool just as long it's not 46 or 69 or 1. . . Those are kinda lame.
Justino

n10sive

Thanks for giving the guy a good reply Justino. That was nice of you.

As Justino said, if you go to any sign shop, they can give you a sheet of vinyl letters pretty quickly. Just let them know what size and they can do them on their computer and 'plot' them out on a special printer pretty quickly. Should be pretty reasonable price wise too. Much better than Home Depot Numbers too! LOL

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

There are tons of companies out there that sell numbers. It just depends on your taste on what looks good. You'll have to look around and see which ones you like. Most of the "pro" numbers are limited to a certain spec, so "pro" may not be what you like.

Lockhart Phillips has them (the pro style) though. 

http://s7d2.scene7.com/s7ondemand/brochure/flash_brochure.jsp?company=LockhartPhillipsUSA&sku=Lockhart%20Phillips%20eCatalog%202007_Lg&config=Lockhart%20Phillips%20eCatalog%202007_Lg&zoomwidth=912&zoomheight=570&vc=instanceName=LockhartPhillipseCatalogL

Or you can get something like these custom made types.

http://www.fireballgraphix.com/vinyl/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1130?osCsid=74c2d233ec2369b9a5ec520c1eb34685

Rolando33

Wow, great advice everyone.  You are right, setting up the bike right is more important, but we all dream, and the numbers do serve a purpose down the line.  I really appreciate you guys not shredding me.  46, 69 and 1 are NOT and option.  No, going with my lucky number, 3, just double----33!  No one famous has that, right?   :o

Justin

I think you are assigned a number when you start, but i'll switch it then.
It's a cheap and easy thing to do/undo/change.  33 is not as cool 2433b j/k

Justin

Quote from: Rolando33 on December 31, 2008, 12:20:29 AM
I really appreciate you guys not shredding me. 
This isn't that type of environment.  I recently was pretty negative/angry about a roadside fight between one of us and a cager, but it was REALLY out of concern.  I acted more like a dad, and didn't 'shred' just to do it.
I don't think anyone on this board really goes for that nonsense.  We are the FRIENDLY one's

Yard Sale

Local bike shops stock number decals in three-packs.

There's nothing wrong with helping the photographers identify your bike.