Main Menu

Welder needed have hole...

Started by rick07r6, December 01, 2008, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick07r6

Hey guys, i crashed a little while ago, and am finally getting the bike up and going again, but during the accident, i managed to get a hole in one of my header pipes on my 07 r6. Kaze told me that one of you guys might weld and that this is a good place to start. Let me know if anyone can, and if so how much do you want. I can take pics of the hole this weekend if it will help. Also, it wont need welding for a little while at least until i can roll the bike around enough to move it. I can also do fiberglass/paint work and pretty much anything electrical, so let me know if anyone is interested in trade. Would do it myself but i dont have a welder and i suck at it.

JENX!!!

Cant you just take the headers off and have a muffler shop do the weld??? ifs its just a small crack....shouldnt be too expensive....
if not ebay has them cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-Yamaha-YZF-R6-Exhaust-Headers-R6r_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ370115659440QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

MotoPutz

I don't know if anyone else welds but NMS I heard does good work at repairs like that. And depending on the job, I could possibly have my father who was a professioal welder for many years try a repair. Please post pics.

Justin

where's ron when you need him?  That guy welded me a set of braces just before I took off.  My smile is damn near perfect!

Adiggity

I can weld. How big is the hole? If it's just a smallish hole that can be filled in then I will do it for free. It's not really a big deal, just send me your headers. I am in Fallon.

ps. I always could use some body work.  ;D (Not really a fair trade though. Welding is a lot easier and less time consuming than body work.)

rick07r6

here is a pic of the header, looks like it should somehow have those pieces that are bent in pulled out, and possibly it could be lined up fairly well, then just seamed off with a weld. i figured i would ask around town to get an idea, but you are right they are pretty cheap on ebay. Also thanks to school and finals coming up i wont get a good chance to work on the bike too much right now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Adiggity

Yeah, I could weld that up. Piece of cake, just be aware that it will not look as good cosmetically with a weld right in the middle of your tube, but it should work just fine.

TWF

I can weld it but guy that is good with pipes like that would be Chester at KTM shop.

Adiggity

Yeah, Chester is really good. I didn't even think of him, but your right Z. I think the name of the shop is Nevada Motorcycle Specialties.