Main Menu

Michelin pilot tires

Started by crzydog, November 01, 2008, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crzydog

I'm trying to work out a great deal on them at the shop (MCW)and so far it's down to $120 for a front.  Also I can get those little plastic fairing rivets for about $6 for 10
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....

2wcp

I can match/beat a lot of prices. Come by or give me a call.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

crzydog

Thanks for throwing salt in my game! I can also match prices on most any parts for all bikes we sell. Not many people ask us to match but we will anytime!

Tim

n10sive

Tim, it was nice to meet you at the club meeting, and at the shop when I needed the theft tag taken off my helmet. It is also good to see someone at MCW support the club. I have to tell you though...that MCW has not been a friendly place in the past. I think the guys at the parts counter are always pretty nice, but the guys in the front of the store have usually been arrogant and non-helpful. Case in point, I went into MCW to ask them to put up a poster for our SSA trackday and they told me no. I also asked them one day why they were not supporting the recent motocycle events out at RFR (MotoX, Z2 race, USGPRU etc) and the guy just kind of laughed and said "I think I have their poster laying around here somewhere"  :o Bottom line...no support for the local motorcycle community. Because of their attitude, I went to Reno to buy my wife's bike.

But...that possibly being behind us, I am truly happy to see someone from MCW at our events now. I hope you can keep coming, and to keep supporting the SSA. I am also happy to hear that you can and will work on pricing. My only hope is that a nice guy such as yourself doesn't get hung out to dry by MCW management.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

trent

Quote from: n10sive on November 02, 2008, 09:22:58 AM
Tim, it was nice to meet you at the club meeting, and at the shop when I needed the theft tag taken off my helmet. It is also good to see someone at MCW support the club. I have to tell you though...that MCW has not been a friendly place in the past. I think the guys at the parts counter are always pretty nice, but the guys in the front of the store have usually been arrogant and non-helpful. Case in point, I went into MCW to ask them to put up a poster for our SSA trackday and they told me no. I also asked them one day why they were not supporting the recent motocycle events out at RFR (MotoX, Z2 race, USGPRU etc) and the guy just kind of laughed and said "I think I have their poster laying around here somewhere"  :o Bottom line...no support for the local motorcycle community. Because of their attitude, I went to Reno to buy my wife's bike.

But...that possibly being behind us, I am truly happy to see someone from MCW at our events now. I hope you can keep coming, and to keep supporting the SSA. I am also happy to hear that you can and will work on pricing. My only hope is that a nice guy such as yourself doesn't get hung out to dry by MCW management.

+1 Ive had similar experiences at MCW. I have stayed away and just bought my parts locally (Testa has been a great help). I will support  MCW  when they show us some support.. It was nice to meet you Tim and thanks for your support !!
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

crzydog

Thanks for letting me know what's up and I'll do what I can within my means to help out. I've been with the club since for quite sometime but just got away from Sunday rides after a little incident in the bay area. I pop in and out but as I told Jerome, I want to be a part and help out more this year.   

Johnny

I've actually had great service from the Carson MCW.  Although, I've only dealt with Tim (when he worked in sales) and bought my street bike from him which he did a price match.  Terry (parts manager) in the service department is awesome and now that Tim is there it'll even be better!  In my opinion, I feel that  It's a pleasure to do business with the company when people like Tim working there.  Now that we have a SSA member working in MCW I'm confident that we'll be see more of SSA presence.  In fact, I already saw SSA stickers in the parts department!

Mike Cullen

wow, interesting thread....I've found that the shops that I frequent, always step up for me. I used to buy my Hondas from BVH because of the Thorwaldson family (great people), I buy my Suzukis from MCW's in Carson and recently bought Yamaha dirtbikes from Michaels Reno. I have found that it's abit difficult to get a deal unless you happen to know someone at the shop. Any mechanical work that I can't do I take to Carson Valley Motorsports and any little thing I need I usually stop in at the closest shop. But I do support as many local shops as possible so that when I need them to support me they will. So far I've been supported by just about everyone. One thing to remember is that this is an expensive sport so be willing to pay when needed, if you check around, most shops have the same prices on just about everything and they have bills to pay as well. Also, every single guy (and girls) I've ever met that work at one of the local shops is also a rider or involved in the sport in some way and they do understand your pain when it hits you in the wallet. Support the shops, get to know your parts guys, salesmen and mechanics and they'll step up for you when you need it.