Main Menu

Ignition on an 07r6

Started by yzinger, October 17, 2008, 09:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

hmmm, def didn't try that. I won't be able to get the tank back to it's "stock" position, however I might be able to put the damper on trying that method. the reason why I gave up before is the damper would keep stripping the screw in the new hole. complicated to explain, but it would make sense if you saw it. where can I get those things? And Adam, wanna let me borrow ur damper so I can try it ;-)

jlavallee

They're not too commonly used but a fastner shop should be able to get them or you could try online.

2wcp

There is a company called Time sert that makes them, not sure of others. I believe that one of my suppliers sells the kit. If you want I can look and find out. Give me a call.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Adiggity

Quote from: yzinger on October 20, 2008, 08:42:42 PM
  where can I get those things? 
R&E Fastner sells them. You will need the rivet gun to install them. Give them a call and they will set you up.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGGL%2CGGGL%3A2007-7%2CGGGL%3Aen&q=R+%26+E+Fastener&btnG=Search

yzinger

sweet. I guess I got my winter project now... besides painting my bike :-)

NVKrawler

you can borrow mine if absolutly needed.. i hate taking it off but for you ill consider it...

Are you painting your bike? Sell me your tank and ill apy to have my dent pulled and you can have mine...  Or lets trade some of my rashed ish for your good since your painting anyway...