Main Menu

new guy repair question

Started by reno_jpg, September 28, 2008, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno_jpg

About six months ago I had noticed that i had a "wooshing" sound coming from the mid portion of my bike.  I took the bike to reno Kawi and immediatly they diagnosed the problem as a broken set of nylon spacers located in the rear hub.  The reason for this wooshing sound was due to a breakage in these nylon spacers that causes the rear sprocket to move, thus causing the chain to pull tight and loosen.  Admitedly i am a mechanical dunce and gave the ok to have the repair completed.  It seemed to help until very recently when i am hearing that all too familliar wooshing sound again.  My question: is there something that I, as the operator of the bike, am doing that is causing these things to break?  Or did reno Kawi see me coming and recite somthing false?

JENX!!!

1. Did you actually see the broken pieces?
2. Did Kawi fix it?
3. Check the hub and see if its broken again....maybe you can bring it back to kawi  and have them  fix it the right way this time.
4. if its just the broken pieces....get some from ebay....much more cheaper im sure.
5. Not sure what u would do to brake those.....maybe improper chain tension????
6. switch to YAMAHA ;D ;D ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

yzinger

sounds bad, and doesnt help your problem at all...but dont trust dealership mechanics. they seems to NEVEr be right on street bikes. take it to a small, local shop first. Good luck with your problem.

weavefish

Quote from: yzinger on September 28, 2008, 08:30:19 PM
sounds bad, and doesnt help your problem at all...but dont trust dealership mechanics. they seems to NEVEr be right on street bikes. take it to a small, local shop first. Good luck with your problem.

check the members business section. a few local shops sponsor the SSA, go to them, they will take care of you.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

reno_jpg

zipbyu

The wooshing sound could be a number of things.  I hear it when I passed Weavefish, Putz, Jenix, Alberto, Pete, Johnney, In10sive and Jerome.  O.K. not  Jerome, he didn't ride today.

n10sive

Quote from: zipbyu on October 05, 2008, 10:41:51 PM
The wooshing sound could be a number of things.  I hear it when I passed Weavefish, Putz, Jenix, Alberto, Pete, Johnney, In10sive and Jerome.  O.K. not  Jerome, he didn't ride today.

That was just my fat ass breathing hard trying to keep up with you guys...it was not my bike  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: zipbyu on October 05, 2008, 10:41:51 PM

Alright buster! I have a number of excuses on why you got by me (even though I made a great double pass on you and Luke on turn 2a) and the number one is: oh yeah, you were going faster ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

weavefish

I will not comment on the sandbagging lol it was great fun riding those last sessions in a huge SSA group. any good pics come out of it?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

JENX!!!

Looking forward to next years SSA cat and mouse chase at RFR!!!! ;D....
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

zipbyu

I only bagged on you guys becacse iI am the slowest A rider,  and passing is fun so I like riding in the B class

weavefish

Quote from: zipbyu on October 08, 2008, 05:56:40 PM
I only bagged on you guys becacse iI am the slowest A rider,  and passing is fun so I like riding in the B class

and even though i could barley keep you in my sight it was still some of the greatest sessions of the year!

n10sive

Quote from: weavefish on October 08, 2008, 06:55:19 PM
and even though i could barley keep you in my sight it was still some of the greatest sessions of the year!

+1000! I had a blast riding in the big SSA group that session (even if I was the slowest).
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Yeah, its nice having a number of us very close in skill dicing it up!!! Definitely have to do it again.