Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

rivets

Started by live2ride, September 24, 2008, 08:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live2ride

hey guys whats an easy way to get the rivets off the fairings.  I try and then the top breaks so i end of just ripping them out.  i know there is a better way just dont know how.

thanks
I live life like the captain of a sinking ship

JENX!!!

Drill the heads off......
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Justin

Yeah, 'Jeffrey Dahmer' style.
Jenx knows what's up

weavefish

Quote from: Justino on September 26, 2008, 09:22:28 PM
Yeah, 'Jeffrey Dahmer' style.
Jenx knows what's up

Hahahaha on the SSA track weekend i woke up lightly dusted with salt& pepper with carrots and potatos around me...lol
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

rrgurl

There is a tool for removing rivets. It looks like flat pliers. They just go around the head then snap it off and the rivet falls out. However, if you do not have one just hold it with any pliers or not at all and drill out the center with a smaller bit, then tap it out through the back. Its actually pretty simple. It won't make the hole larger unless you use a drill bit thats too big.
What can I say...I'm just a silly girl on a not so silly bike.

TWF

Quote from: live2ride on September 24, 2008, 08:34:28 PM
hey guys whats an easy way to get the rivets off the fairings.  I try and then the top breaks so i end of just ripping them out.  i know there is a better way just dont know how.

thanks
you push middle in and than pull out.

2wcp

Quote from: TWF on October 24, 2008, 11:21:35 PM
Quote from: live2ride on September 24, 2008, 08:34:28 PM

thanks
you push middle in and than pull out.

Yea, if you are talking about the plastic clips (rivets).
If you are meaning real rivets, that are metal you have to drill them. But it sounds like you are talking about the plastic ones.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Mike Cullen

yea... push in and pull out plastics if you break them try home depot or lowes for replacements i got some there for cheap.

Dragone

R & E fasteners carries them as well.

2wcp

I also carry them. I've got 10 packs on the shelfs. Also have universal bolt kits for metric stuff.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Dragone