Main Menu

Duati Service or lsck of in reno

Started by cobra23, September 12, 2008, 04:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

So,

Micheals of reno is supposed to be the new Ducati Dealer Yes?

Went there a few weeks ago, and well I did not get the impression they were too excited about performing service on my S4R.

Next step, check in at BVH. They hired Jay the Mechanic at the old shop. BVH was very interested, and finally decided against it.

I went to Dyna Reno, I love that shop, it will be serviced there next week. Wondering if i am the only one out there running into this issue, and looking for suggestions from the rest of you. Ed at Dyna Reno seems like my kind of guy, i am sure it will turn out well.

Micheals may change, they need to get a couple techs trained, then get them practiced. However for now if you have a Ducati still in the warranty stage, you choices are limited. I moved here from Washington State, for such a rainy place, there are Arnies of good techs there. Mike Valasco for insatnce...oh there's another story, if you ever get the chance to talk to Mike, he is a crack up.

So to summarize, there must be a Ducati dealer in the Bay area, or close to Reno,with a good reputation. Any thoughts?

A DRAGON

Cobra Boy. Michael's is going through a transition period with Ducati coming over. You went the same route I know a few other Ducati owners have done. Sorry your having troubles but that kinda goes with the bike. I own an aprilia. I only trust a few people to work on it. One of the problems with Ducati's is finding someone who has all the special tools to do the work. Michael's has the tools and BVH has the Mechanic.  I'm sure a Mechanic at Michael's could do the work if he knew Ducati's but they have to be trained. I'm sure that won't happen in a month or two.
Try our friend at La Vecchia (Alberto) ask him what to do. He'll be a bike night on Tuesday.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

XIII

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

JENX!!!

"Only thing ducati's good for......." ::)
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

JeffW

As the owner of a 2000 996 I agree that the current situation is truly a bummer. I'm planning to research the dealers in the San Francisco area. Its a long trip but maybe doable since I'm taking major service only every two to three years.

JENX!!!

what kind of service are you guys talking about here......just curious. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

cobra23

Service for the Ducati 996=

every 6000 miles a valve adjustment.

at 12000, a valve adjustment, and change the cam drive belts.

Had Dyna Reno do the valve adjustment, and Thursday will change the belts. Bike is in good spirits, Ed at Dyna Reno is definately knowledgeable. He has been around Ducati for a long time and was the Dealer here in Reno at one time. The price was reasonable, I would reccomend him if you need service.

I had a ride scheduled for the weekend, the belts were on order, so I took the bike out for the ride.

Let me tell ya, I rode the thing very hard. If Ed would have had so mich as a washer out of place, something bad would have happend. The bike ran perfectly. Rode 1600 miles in four days. Hells canyon on the Oregon/ Idaho border. So Ed is a good source for service.

I hope Micheals gets all the right things together, I always beleive you should support the dealer, as long as the dealer is worth supporting.

Dyna Reno is a really small shop located on 4th Street, just East of the Valley road intersection.

What a great ride....if you have never been to Hells Canyon, you need to get there.

cobra23

Chapter Two..

The Belts.

Ed changed the belts, nice work, decent price. Great Conversation. I think I am hooked on Dyna Reno. Any one else need service, his Number is

(775) 323-8846.

;D