Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Introduction

Started by AC/DC Bike Camp, July 07, 2015, 10:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC/DC Bike Camp

Hello all,

New to SSA, love to ride, glad to be here.

Thanks to A Dragon for turning us on to your club. We (Kevin and Alexa) recently started a technical skills riding school using electric trials bikes, and we are reaching out to our local fellow riders to spread the word.

Hope to meet some of you soon.  :)

GreenMachine

You know A Dragon?  You're banned!

j/k

Welcome.  And glad you found us.

I remember him speaking about a trials demo at DDAC earlier this year.  Didn't know there was an organization who held the event.  We have one rider, one of our more skilled riders in fact, who owns a trials bike.  He was the one who got me into dirt riding, then immediately switched emphasis onto trials skills.  Seems to be his drug.  Not sure if I have the skills to got to the trials level. 

What's this about the bikes being electric?

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I guess everyone else is being shy today.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

AC/DC Bike Camp

Thanks for the welcome Green Machine!

Yup, the bikes are electric. They even work in these monsoonal rains we've been having!

We have two brands - Oset and Kuberg - with sizes for 5 year olds up to 65 year olds. They are a lot of fun and can really help hone your skills.

We are thinking about taking a couple of them down to Bike Night tonight if the weather cooperates.

slmoto

Welcome.

I'd be interested in checking out the bikes if you were to bring them to bike night another time, weather didn't turn out too good today.

There's an ongoing post for bike night at PJ & Co if you haven't already seen it, you may get more people to come out if you were to post in that post that you were bringing them out.
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4048.0

RichVee4

Welcome to the SSA!!   Do you ride street bikes as well?  Curious, do you ride the off road trials type riding course that is common to competitions or something different?
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

AC/DC Bike Camp

We do ride street bikes... well, I used to (BMW K75) when we lived in the Bay Area. Alexa flopped around like a fish out of water on a street bike until I put her on a dirt bike. Now she's happy!  ;D We do have plates on our bikes.

We're new to trials ourselves. Got one of the electric bikes last summer to play around on in the backyard. We don't anything too fancy, RichVee4, so I guess the answer is "something else." We just like to have fun on them. They're a blast! I'll have to track down your trials-addicted member. Does he do Bike Night?

We offer free test rides down at Double Diamond Athletic Club!  :cheers

Check out our Facebook page to see what we do there.

https://www.facebook.com/acdcbikecamp

Thanks for the link to PJ's, slmoto. I'll post there.