Main Menu

Roll Call - Oct. 24th. Monitor Pass

Started by slmoto, October 22, 2015, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

South Route Ride - Meet at Mavericks in S. Reno 9:00 AM Sat. Oct. 24.

Planned route:
VC, hwy 50, Jacks Valley Rd., Markleeville, Monitor.
Return from Monitor, Markleeville, Hope Valley (Rich's side tour), S. Lake Tahoe, Kingsbury or HWY 50 back to Reno.

Lunch stop along the way optional depending on how people are feeling.

RichVee4

I'd be up for a ride to Monitor this weekend, weather looking good both days. I've been wanting to get down that way to look at fall colors, if there are any, odd year.  Monitor used to have some trees that turned on the west side headed up the canyon but that was before the fire.   On the way back I'm thinking about heading up Carson Pass into Hope Valley and look around.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

I'd be up for cruising around, I'm not really in a hurry, just like to get back before 7pm to catch the Malasian Races.

Could head back from Hope Valley through S. Lake, down Kingsbury...

RichVee4

Return via S Tahoe sounds good.  Leaning toward Sat if that works.  I'm game for starting 9am if you want to meet at Mavericks S Reno.  Will be a little cool but if you want to go over Geiger earlier = less traffic.

GreenMachine

:rant
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

9am at Mavericks on Saturday sounds good to me, I'll update the original post to make it clear if anyone else wants to join.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 23, 2015, 07:42:46 AM
:rant

I know you can't ride, but if you want to watch, I'll be watching MotoGP Sat. evening if you or anyone else wants to watch the races. Moto3 starts at 7pm. It's getting down to the wire, I can't imagine they can follow the show they put on last week but it should still be a good one!

RichVee4

Put the charger on the Viffer, cant remember last time I took it out.   :(   Bringing the camera so need to find some good Fall pic opportunities.  See you in the morning.

slmoto

I'm going to try and fit my camera as well but not sure if it'll fit in the tail section of my bike and I don't want to carry a bag so it may be all on you for fall pics.

See you at Mavericks.

GreenMachine

SL, you know I'll be there tonight.  I presume just snack items tonight.  No sense it a late evening BBQ.

I'm taking my enthusiasm for Rossi down a notch after his weird attacks on MM this week. MM helped his chances for the championship last week.  The circumstances of tire management were what they were, everybody was having trouble, as witness to George's last lap bobble that allowed MM to catch & later pass him.  And MM risked the pass in the last lap on the other guy.  They could have crashed out.  Then what would you have to say for the stupid mind game antics?

If anything, the cool down lap appeared to have Rossi kumbaya MM with praise for winning and taking 5 points away from his rival.  I know there's a psychological game to be played too, to distract other riders, but really, just do your own race.  Stay to with 5 of your rival if you want to risk the championship.  Or simply pass for the lead as MM is doing.

Or is it just reverse psychology that Rossi and MM are in on this thing together to get George to out think himself and we're all fooled?  If that's not it, Rossi's attacks would seem to be so far below him.   :-\
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Well, guess RG screwed up by not looking sooner.  Love riding in this weather, but seems I missed Saturday's ride.  Anyone up for a Sunday outing??
2 strokes always...............

slmoto

Quote from: rg500nut on October 24, 2015, 10:09:18 AM
Well, guess RG screwed up by not looking sooner.  Love riding in this weather, but seems I missed Saturday's ride.  Anyone up for a Sunday outing??

It was one day or the other me, I've burnt up my riding for this weekend.

You may have better luck with a new post though, this ones subject (Saturday...) might throw people off.

RichVee4

Sorry we missed you RG.  Great outing today, 8 hrs and 220 miles.  Where did the time go?  Must of been the stops for pics and lunch or maybe that dirt road we took!     Roads conditions were great, traffic on the other hand was surprisingly busy on Geiger for 9am.  Luckily traffic improved as the day went on.

Even think we took a couple good Fall pics.   Most trees have either dropped their leaves of are just starting to turn.   

A DRAGON

:hidingWhat a loose I am I could have went toast if I would have thought about the sport bike club. What a looser I am.  Maybe next week.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

slmoto

Enjoyed the ride yesterday guys. I must be out of riding shape, I was pretty tired when I got back and that wasn't event that many miles.

Finally took my camera along for once.
GM, got some fall pics for you. I'll have to admit I did touch them up a little to draw out the fall colors a bit more, you didn't post any rules against editing... ;D

Our first stop for some fall colors was in Genoa, the small park there was looking very fall like.

Next stop was Monitor Pass, not many fall colors but some nice views.

And our last stop before lunch and heading home, somewhere in S. Lake Tahoe. Then Rich and I took a quick detour off the beaten path but it didn't lead to much.