Main Menu

Ride Sunday 20th 10am - 1400ish

Started by RichVee4, September 18, 2015, 08:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Looking to do a shorter lunch ride Sunday 20th.  Weather had been beautiful so good chance to get out before the season is over.  Post up if you want to come along.

Meet at Maverick S Reno 10am.  
Route - Mt Rose, East Shore Tahoe, Sponner back to Carson.  Could be talked into adding VC on the return trip.  
Pace - Touring  
Lunch - Mings in Carson City.   One of my favorite Chinese restaurants in Carson.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

That would be a fun ride, Rich!  I took that in about a month back.  I ran into a lot of road construction during the week on west shore.  Have a good one!

I have to work that day to play catchup for this coming week.  Gotta get everything done before Tuesday.  My only playtime will be this morning.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

think i will go out to downieville via sierraville, greyeagle, gold lake, bassetts, then  to a small cafe
called coyoteville just outside downieville.

want to stay away from the lake. but, hey, that's just me.  :-[ anyone that might want to go, meet at
4-bucks, west mccarran, KSU, 9am. ;)
S1000R
R1250RS

dub

If my previously scheduled activity tomorrow morning gets done early enough, I will come up and meet you for lunch, Rich.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

PS - The Tahoe IronMan is taking place Sunday around Truckee and N Tahoe.   I drove though Truckee today and it looks like 89 exit will be closed.  Dont know all the details but just to give you a heads up.   

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/lake-tahoe/athletes/course.aspx#axzz3mFoGMoVc

Dub - txt me if you want to meet up for lunch and we can coordinate times.

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on September 19, 2015, 10:42:21 PMDub - txt me if you want to meet up for lunch and we can coordinate times.

I'll see what time I get back home and text you if I can make it up there around noon to oneish.

RichVee4

Fun day to be in the outdoors and riding a mc was even better.   Jerome made a cameo appearance on our way to Mavericks, must have missed his exit for JJ  :D  Had a cute lady join me on our ride over Mt Rose then meet an ADV rider that had left Quincy after a rally and was going over Mt Rose on his way to Merced via Tioga Pass.    

Connected with Dub in Carson.  He stuck to plan but Monica and I had diverted south and were about to head up Kingsbury when dub left for Carson.  We scratched Kingbury and headed back to Carson and arrived 2 minutes before.  Enjoyed the company and some good food together.  

Monica led us back up Spooner at a noticeably brisker pace.   Stopped at one of my favorite spots for taking in Tahoe views and I got to practice my selfie stick photo technique.  I'll post some in the pic section.

Headed back along East shore and Mt Rose home.   Roads were great, followed cars good part of the ride but usually at the limit or over.    Warm back in Reno, glad we stayed in the mountains most of the day, temps at Tahoe were perfect.

A DRAGON

Rich. Thanks for taking the time to say Hi.That stuckup old hide you had following you could even look over.My  son was so disappointed.  I was headed to a Fastpitch Softball Tournament in Carson City.  Had a great time with some old friends and got to hit the ball several times. I didn't even pull a hammy . It was so good.  You two looked very cool going down the road. Good to see yeah. I'll be free next weekend.  I'll see what's up.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Oh shit I forgot about the old man softball tourney.