Main Menu

Saturday 9/26, 3-passes/mariposa little dragon loop

Started by dub, September 16, 2015, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 22, 2015, 10:48:45 AM
Quote from: Sub-Sonic on September 16, 2015, 08:23:08 PM
49 around Coulterville was my old stomping grounds.

Here is 49 on the 'little dragon' area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imy6NrWq314
SS, of all your videos, that one makes me eebie-geebie the most.  I've ridden that route many times, mostly on older bikes decades ago.  The last time was about four years ago on the new bike.  It didn't feel that much more comfortable and I wasn't being aggressive either. 

:o  :o  :o

Don't worry, the slightest mistake on a road like that at 90+ and you won't remember anything. Ever. again. ;D

A DRAGON

I just know I'll be cursing you on that morning. But praising you that afternoon.  Looking forward to it.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

RichVee4

Just need some Scrimshaw to go with it and you'd be all set
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Don't worry, that ride was shitty, you guys didn't miss anything.

There were cops everywhere. Jerome and I both got tickets. I crashed and Jerome's bike broke down, then I got us totally lost and Jerome ran out of gas. Tons of traffic over every pass; pass one car and there's 10 more. It was so hazy the scenery wasn't very good and every road was covered with gravel, oil, dirt, and pine needles. It was scorching hot in the valleys and freezing cold on the summits. The Aspen trees on Sonora were just green instead of bright yellow. And the Thai food sucked.

Sub-Sonic

dub

RichVee4

Sounds like a great time, I think.   You had the perfect weather for it.
Live long and prosper \V/

A DRAGON

Yeah man it was terrible. I hope we don't ever put this ride on the calender.  I was so tired of cleaning the bugs  from my bike and face shield.  The best part was leaving Carson City. It was so windy. Their were no bugs to hit.

I'm so mad at Dub. I'll never ride with that ass clown again.  :sharktank :sharktank
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

You guys are weird!

I've never taken a picture from that perspective.  Always too many people pulling out or trying to park.

Any review on the prized section of road?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

No, too busy riding.  Epic though.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 27, 2015, 08:03:36 PMAny review on the prized section of road?

Just another wonderful California motorcycle road.

Vegasrider

@Dub, were you serious about the tickets, crash and running out of gas?