Main Menu

Roll Call - Sept 6th ride, if you don't have w/e plans

Started by GreenMachine, September 04, 2015, 04:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Chilly inside this morning.  Haven't been outside yet.  Says 47* in downtown.  Must be close to 55 MPH max speed in Truckee, right Dragon?  :P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

RocketRider

Got the kid today too. Hope you guys had a fun safe ride!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Sorry we missed you RR!  It's been a while.

We just kinda moseyed along.   330+ miles today in eight hours.  Enjoyed lunch on the balcony at Bucks Lake, stopped for pictures and chit-chat at Sierra Buttes, Bucks, Lake Oroville, which was our turnaround.  Once more at the Resort restaurant, where they were horribly short-staffed today, probably due to most kids being back in school.  The deck was fairly full and by the time we got there I had an extreme case of cotton mouth.  Nothing an Icky and several ice waters couldn't quench.   
:cheers   PS and I had some colorful conversations, but those were mostly about other guys who said inappropriate things to women at bars.

We also covered some serious subjects and agreed that when it's our time, we want to go out like grandpa.  Not his five screaming passengers who went off the side of the hill after he suffering a heart attack behind the wheel. 
As for the ride before and after lunch, it was soooo relaxing.  We both agreed about that.  :disco
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on September 04, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
Little cold snap this weekend is perfect temp for a dirt ride; only supposed to get up to 73* in gville Saturday. I probably would have ridden dirt on sat and street on sun if I weren't racing at Sears Point.
Any races today? 

PAPASMURF

great day in the saddle. ;D got a smile or two from GM.  :|)

think we will be seeing dragon at squaw on tues.
last time was a blast.
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Wow!  My legs are sore.  Feels like I ran some sprints today.  Thanks for getting me out today Papa!

A DRAGON

PS and I had some colorful conversations, but those were mostly about other guys who said inappropriate things to women at bars.

Happy to hear my name came up. I must admit. I thought about riding. But Racquetball was really good.  Went and got ribs  Carson Guys were the best in my opinion.  Kids played at the carnival for 3 hours.

I plan on going next week though.

Fast pitch softball practice on Saturday. Motorcycles on Sunday. Life is good man.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750