Main Menu

Ride or swim ride? Sat or Sun?

Started by GreenMachine, August 11, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

You boys having fun on your ridiculous loop? 

5:35 PM for fat boy, also known as RG, been in the garage all day with my swamp cooler, and u boys have had a great morning, BUUUT, now the ride home, u are now in Carson at best, my thermo reads 94 deg, what great fun on a sport bike to sit flat on ur ass, with all your safety gear, headsets, music, etc., and now u get home at 8:30, boy was that the way to make a wife happy, or, to get anything done on a Sunday.

I hope you guys had fun!
2 strokes always...............

nvgixxer

Traffic on Sonora Pass was terrible, cars and Harleys slowing us down. It was a spirited pace that we set up and over Monitor though, fun day with fun peeps!!  ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

rg500nut

Hey Reno boys, how hot does your ass feel right now???  the last post was from our boy n Carson..............

rg500nut

It  is only 6:55 PM and I am cooool in temperature, how is it on those sport bikes tonite????????????????

rg500nut

A DRAGON

Wow.  What a great day. Sonora was terrible just like jimbo stated. 109% on Patriots Ferry road. :wtf Once we got on Ebbits. The ride just blew up.  :flagSSA That's the way I remember Ebbits. Rode behind that Smurf .  What a great lesson I got watching that man throw that Beemer into the sharp turns. :respect :respect It was awesome to witness. It just got better when we came home VC.   :GrnWheelie

Dinner was even better. THANKS AGAIN ERIC And SARAH.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

It was sweltering out there and I was getting cranky, not with other riders though, just with the temps and bad input on my GPS, which took us off course to a dead end.  My fault. 

We did fairly well though.  We were running a couple hours behind schedule which caused one of the riders to ask us to stop for food immediately.  That worked out really well, even though our lunch spot was packed and had an hour wait for hot food (burgers & such).  The good that came from that was, that it was a sweltering 103* in Sonora and we stopped up by Mi-wok where it was far cooler than that.

And we happened upon NVgixxer in CC.  It was great having him on another ride.  I got to get some last jabs in on ol' Jimbo and he jabbed right back.  Gotta love it!  :boxU

Traffic was extraordinary today.  Must have been the last big bash weekend for folks or something.  Hwy 108 was awful.  The good part was that there was very little enforcement and everyone rode maturely.  No unnecessary risks. 

I wonder what Jimbo's top speed recall showed?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Yes, thanks again to RR75 and his wife for the treat afterwards.  That was appreciated, but not necessary.   8)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on August 16, 2015, 06:55:26 PM
GM, think I cannot play on a PC?????????????
Strange how things work out.  If you had come today, even if you had parked in Woodford, you and Jimbo could have ridden with us for the first half of the day and ridden back the same route.

RenoRider75

It was a really fun day, except for that stretch in the 109-degree heat.  I thought I was going to pass out, lol.  And can you believe how low Snake Gulch was?!  It literally looked like it was more than 100 feet below its normal rim!  This is what it's supposed to look like:

This is what it looked like today:

Otherwise, this was a great trip over some roads neither Sara nor I have ever ridden on a motorcycle.  Thanks for the fun times with a great group of people!  And you're all welcome for dinner.  :)  It's our way of saying thank you for having to wait for us to catch up all day.   :P

RichVee4

Was that the swimming hole? j/k.  Amazing how low the water level is.   Glad everyone had a fun time and made it back safe. 

Live long and prosper \V/

PAPASMURF

yes i did need to stop early (1:30)LOL GM wanted to wait another 1.5 hrs and this OLD GUY just
was not up to waiting. but after all was said and done, we SHOULD have kept going. it was my
stupid hamburger that caused the LONG LONG delay.

the ride and the people were awesome. been waiting to do 108 with you guys, what a blast. but
man, traffic like no one's business. hot hot hot, bikes thermometer said 109 :o

dinner was very good (clam chowder) and what a bunch of WAR STORIES from us all.  LOL LOL LOL
every one of us had something to say. but eric and sara's story about her broken key, and the ants, i think won
the prize. ;D

just a really good day, and thanks again for din-din. :)

S1000R
R1250RS

Indiri

The ride and company were both great, many thanks!  Ebbett's was scary but very fun :)