Main Menu

Ride or swim ride? Sat or Sun?

Started by GreenMachine, August 11, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamecrow

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 14, 2015, 07:24:57 AM
Only 104* for much of the boring straight ride through the sun scored desert. 

Piece of cake.  :D

Made it half way, right outside of Tonopah before I fell asleep =)

RichVee4

Tim,  What the Heck.  Are you ok?  Did this happen on the way down Friday? Theres no road in sight, looks like your in the middle of the desert! Glad you didnt loose your sense of humor!   Txt me if you need anything
Live long and prosper \V/

A DRAGON

OMG that's terrible! Are you OK? Is there anything I can do for you? :cuckoo

Still looking at leaving from Java Jungle on Sunday.  Headed to Sonora. Anyone can come along (Except flamecrow his bike is dirty and all jacked up :wtf) I'll be there around 7:00 am. Should leave around 8 KSU.  :greybike :redbike2 :ylwbike2 :bluebike :grnbike :GrnWheelie
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

rg500nut

8:00 AM KSU from Java jungle??

I'll meet the group @ Woodfords, KSU @ 9:30.  If want to break in Markleeville. someone text me and I;ll be @ gas stop in town

RG

Sorry about the Kawi..........
2 strokes always...............

slmoto

Damn Tim, sorry to see that. Hope you're alright?

I'm not going to make the ride tomorrow, have fun.

PAPASMURF

:o :o :o that does not look nice. hope like hell you are ok!!!! that is a very long ride in the heat.

came back from there one time, when we stopped, our shoes were sticking to the ground, until

we found some shade. crazy.  good thing is you appear to be ok, taking pics and all.

S1000R
R1250RS

Vegasrider

@Flamecrow, I'm assuming you're okay? Posting on the forum is a good sign, indicates you have ten working fingers? Hope it's nothing serious from your off including the bike.  I've known a couple of riders who have fallen asleep while riding, so it is an occurrence.  Fatigue  can really get to you.  Appreciate you posting, it's a wake up call for all of us.  You're one lucky rider! Definitely could have been worse. 

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on August 15, 2015, 05:39:13 PM
with all the  SOME DO, SOME DON'T, SOME WILL, SOME WON'T, where and when for sunday?

or did every one get worn out today?
The route as I understand it from Dragon is the Sonora route as seen here. <here>  I'll be there in the morning (1st street and Arlington = Java Jungle).
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on August 15, 2015, 06:54:59 PM
8:00 AM KSU from Java jungle??

I'll meet the group @ Woodfords, KSU @ 9:30.  If want to break in Markleeville. someone text me and I;ll be @ gas stop in town

RG...
RG, if you're at Woodfords, you'll probably miss us.  I believe this ride will do Sonora Pass (hwy 108) first and come back on hwy 4, as seen <here> on the Sonora ride map.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

FC, that's a very odd place to ride to if you're going to end it all.   :o  Rather lonely, if you ask me. 

What time was it when you veered off the road?

Very glad to hear you're okay though.  It could have taken so many other avenues, with far different results.  That Kawasaki green must be your  :lucky

flamecrow

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 15, 2015, 11:05:32 PM
FC, that's a very odd place to ride to if you're going to end it all.   :o  Rather lonely, if you ask me. 

What time was it when you veered off the road?

Very glad to hear you're okay though.  It could have taken so many other avenues, with far different results.  That Kawasaki green must be your  :lucky

I didn't sleep after working Friday. I left 4 am and crashed at 7:45 am. I was in full gear of course, no scrapes or bruises just soreness around shoulder/elbow from landing. Man, once I was on the dirt there was no stopping whatsoever. I think I would've done okay if there weren't huge rocks, one which sent me flying. I did feel my helmet hit the ground really hard but I don't think I have a concussion or anything, just minor headache that's all. My GoPro was not recording :*(

No worries, I'm not sure I'll be getting back on before the season ends. We'll see. I was in the process of upgrading to a Ninja 636 so this will be a setback :-/

rg500nut

RG Will pass, have fun boys..............
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

Hopefully Dragon stayed out late enough too that the start time will be delayed.  I'm exhausted!   :hangover

Putting on my swim trunks and heading out shortly.

GreenMachine

Five for the show today. Pretty cool!

Vegasrider

I should have gone. I've ridden up and down the Sonora Pass before and I consider it the most technical road I have ridden. With their 20% grade, narrow road and real sharp turns with no curve/corner indicators so you really don't kmow what to expect. Plus the dips!