Main Menu

Ride or swim ride? Sat or Sun?

Started by GreenMachine, August 11, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

Very cool - she's here at the perfect time of year then.  The balloon races, air races, rib cook-off, camel races, Tahoe food and wine festival, street vibrations, etc. all happen over the next 6 weeks.

If she likes the outdoors stuff like hiking, there are tons of hiking trails and things around here that are neat.  The Mt. Rose hike to the waterfall is easy and picturesque.  You already know all of the lakes and things around here.  Hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail gives you the opportunity to enjoy Tahoe's scenery from a distance.  It's going to be difficult to figure out which things to fit into the next 6 weeks...  :)

slmoto

I'm on the fence, I may ride dirt. I'm indifferent about swim or no swim. I'll see what you guys end up planning on doing and decide from there.

GreenMachine

Do it SL.  Whatever feels right.  Bring water.

I'll be doing the Three Passes ride out of Sierraville on Saturday, which will really be four passes.  Have a new touring rear tire that needs some wear put on it and I want do do it when it's hot out.  Looks like I'll get my wish.  Hoping to melt the tire actually.

Minimal stops.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

flamecrow

I'm going to solo down to Vegas Friday morning and come back Sunday. Let's see if I still can go the distance ;P

GreenMachine

Only 104* for much of the boring straight ride through the sun scored desert. 

Piece of cake.  :D
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

What's Three Passes out of Sierraville?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

Wedding cake!  That was funny.

can't believe GM is doing something for himself. That selfish Bastard! :doggy  Good for you pal. Enjoy your day with that little slice of heaven. Mister Ambassador.  Oh by the way.  I was at Tahoe yesterday with the kids and sister.  Met two young ladies from France. Kinda hippish.  But very sweet. That accent was more than 1 man could take wish you are there mister ambassador. I'll take pics next time.

I could ride on Saturday but I'm managing my time this weekend. Still plan on doing Sonora Pass on Sunday.
Bring your swimming trunks just in case.  What's the time we leave Reno? 8 am at Java Jungle. Head over VC get into Carson. Pick them up and had out? Been way to long. To much wedding cake. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

No more Mr. Ambassador.  Got a nasty brief text from someone claiming to be her bo.   :D  Probably that tall dude she was with at JJ.  Must not have liked seeing her smiling face on the DVD I gave her.   I had taken the GoPros that day.  The last ten minutes are she and I chilling together on the lake last week and her joyful smile when I put our two boards together.   Soooo....  Looks like my Sunday just opened up!   8)

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 14, 2015, 12:28:57 PM
Looks like my Sunday just opened up!

Me too.

I just got back from a dirt ride this morning and put a hole in my radiator so I won't be riding dirt this weekend, I guess street it is!

GreenMachine

Do you wonder if the stars are trying to tell you something?

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 14, 2015, 12:42:37 PM
Do you wonder if the stars are trying to tell you something?

Talking to me?

Yeah, they're telling me I need a new radiator but while the new radiator is in the mail that I should ride street bikes. ;D Good thing I have both. Or, maybe they're telling me I need another dirt bike for back up. :evil1

Luckily I damaged the side that already had a slightly smashed radiator, so it probably would have been good to have it replaced anyway.

GreenMachine

Was thinking, between the muffler and the radiator...

GreenMachine

I have to run down to CC for work. Taking the bike. Why not! Gonna add a little evening ride into it.

It's been a while since I did monitor. :evil1

GreenMachine

So much traffic tonight, you'd think we were in San Mateo and Monitor was Skyline.  Bad timing coming up on the very first corner too.  Had to go back and do it again in between cars.  Did my best NVgixxer impression on Saddleback.  I'm unworthy!  :|)  

Not even one other MC, all of them had stopped in Markleeville.  New pavement here and there too.  That was nice.

I'll miss riding with NVgixxer though.  Wasn't as fun without him there to remind me how fun it was. Hope I'm the same way when I get to be 24, his age.   :D

PAPASMURF

with all the  SOME DO, SOME DON'T, SOME WILL, SOME WON'T, where and when for sunday?

or did every one get worn out today?
S1000R
R1250RS