Main Menu

Ride or swim ride? Sat or Sun?

Started by GreenMachine, August 11, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

The ride calendar shows Sonora/Ebbetts passes.  It just so happens those road pass many little lakes.  The weather is suppose to be exceptionally warm/hot compared to some of the cooler rainy weather we've been experiencing, so maybe this would be a good opportunity for a swim ride?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

lol lol lol

if i take off my big blue suit, the bright light coming off of me

would be brighter than the sun, and NO ONE would be able

to see the way home. :o  but the ride has awesome roads.

had to take buster in to the doc, and they are going over him,

so, if they release him, i am in, all depends on what they do.
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Don't worry, I won't look.   :-\

I probably didn't describe my thought process well enough.  Was thinking of a swim ride, but not necessarily Sonora/Ebbetts.  Thinking that we'd leave it open to ideas and locations.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I'm planning to ride this weekend. It's been forever and my ribs are finally getting better. I'm not really interested in a swim, I just want to ride!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RenoRider75

Sara has  family in town this weekend, but they are heading out early Sunday morning so we're both in for any rides on Sunday.  As for swimming, this year is a weird one.  Between the drought and the very warm, muggy weather a lot of the lakes have higher than normal populations of microbes in them (things like "swimmer's itch").  I'd be wary of swimming in anything smaller than Donner / Tahoe this summer.

So, if we're going to do a swim ride then I suggest some route that ends at Kings Beach / Sand Harbor / Donner's west beach or something like that.   ;D  Otherwise, any ride anywhere sounds like fun...  as long as Sara's key doesn't break again lol.

dub

Quote from: RenoRider75 on August 12, 2015, 11:16:33 AMAs for swimming, this year is a weird one.  Between the drought and the very warm, muggy weather a lot of the lakes have higher than normal populations of microbes in them (things like "swimmer's itch").  I'd be wary of swimming in anything smaller than Donner / Tahoe this summer.

What if the water is moving? Like a swimming hole on a river?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

What if there is a water bike doing laps around the swimming hole?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

THAT'S IT!  I'M OUT!

:D

No, but seriously.  I may have to take a pass on doing a ride or swim ride on Sunday, but I can take a page out of Rich's playbook and say that I'm on call for that day: Angie.   :crazy

How about this for an idea.  No swim ride and we ride Pucks Lake on Saturday via Monitor?  ;)

PAPASMURF

can't go on sat. another company has asked ME to cover their ON CALL for the day.

the whole place is closing down fri so they can go fishing. lol

still waiting to hear what the doctor says about buster. hopefully i will be able to get

him today. but sunday is open for anything as long as i get buster back in time.
S1000R
R1250RS

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 12, 2015, 01:53:41 PMI may have to take a pass on doing a ride or swim ride on Sunday, but I can take a page out of Rich's playbook and say that I'm on call for that day: Angie.   :crazy

Whoa. Is GreenMachine saying he isn't riding on Sunday 'cause of a girlfriend? Mark this day, it is the beginning of the end.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 12, 2015, 01:53:41 PM

No, but seriously.  I may have to take a pass on doing a ride or swim ride on Sunday, but I can take a page out of Rich's playbook and say that I'm on call for that day: Angie.  

If you'd like, I would be more that happy to forward my phone to you next time I am on call.    Not sure what were doing this weekend yet.
Live long and prosper \V/

A DRAGON

Well FYI I'm in for both. Swim or not to swim. Can't ride on Saturday. I know a great spot on Ebbits. Alpine lake it's really nice.
Though i have to admit i was looking forward to Sonora Pass.
It's all good though. I'll go which ever way the wind blows on Sunday.  Brian's coming out so I'll get 3 beers in me and show everyone what a real wheelie looks like.  :GrnWheelie

Can't believe we're even talking about a ride with out GM
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

PAPASMURF

what food kills sunday morning riding?

wedding cake.
S1000R
R1250RS

RenoRider75

Is Angie the same thing as Angelica?  Wow, GM, Tom's prophecy is coming true.  He stood upon that camp table and spoketh truth from the lord that day, beware that the snake-facing women would kill the SSA.

;D

In all seriousness, we're in for whatever on Sunday.  If you guys want to do the Sonora Pass ride then we're in.  I just want to ride.  :)

GreenMachine

Not so much.  I don't envision her snaking my face anytime soon, it's not that kind of relationship.  If anything, I think of myself as her American ambassador and she'd probably be the first to agree with that.  She's gone in six weeks and much of what she wants to do on her visit is summer/outdoor related. Time is running out on doing all of that.