Main Menu

Roll Call - Downieville, 08/09/15

Started by GreenMachine, August 05, 2015, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  This is one of our shortest scheduled rides.  We'll decide as a group if and where we want to lunch at. 

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I'm in.

Also open to making it a longer loop beyond Downieville if anyone else wants to.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

I'm in as well. I'm good either way, longer loop or shorter original route.

I'm also planning on doing a post ride bbq and watching MotoGP (10 - Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix) after the ride if anyone on the ride cares to join.

dub

Quote from: slmoto on August 06, 2015, 10:23:06 AMI'm also planning on doing a post ride bbq and watching MotoGP (10 - Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix) after the ride if anyone on the ride cares to join.

What time does it air?

Edit: Wait, nevermind, I forgot about DVR technology.

slmoto

I have the video pass so airs whenever i put it on.

They'll be running live right in the middle of our ride.

GreenMachine

I'll be working on Saturday and I'm hoping there aren't any loose ends preventing me from having Sunday off.  Ride, BBQ & MotoGP is always a winning combination I can't pass up.  :thumbup
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Donniemetro

Hi guys, new member. I'd like to join you for this ride if you don't mind. Relocated to reno a couple years ago from Seattle . Been riding mostly on my own, but have gone out with another sport club on a couple rides. 15 yrs street experience ( mostly club riding , no track as of yet ), have the skills & gear, and always willing/looking to learn more. I ride a TL1000R, so you'll hear me coming 😀
So far, Downieville is my favorite local ride, as its close to home and has a pretty good combo of twistys & scenery. Just want to make sure I know where we're meeting up?
Donnie.

slmoto

Come on out.

This ride leaves from the north meeting spot, Starbucks on N. McCarran
Starbucks
10190 N McCarran Blvd
Reno, NV 89503

Main meeting spots from the 2015 SSA Ride Schedule http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4341.0
Northerly rides are marked with a *N* Leave from Reno @ Starbucks on N. McCarran Blvd by IHOP off I-80
Southerly rides are marked with a *S* Leave from Maverik Country Store (Gas Station).

RichVee4

I am planning to come but am on call this weekend so will know better Sun morning.  

Donnie,  :welcome.
Live long and prosper \V/

RenoRider75

I'm in.  I'm trying to make joining in a habit.   ;D

PAPASMURF

no go for me this time. mother has a plumbing problem in santa cruz  :'(

so i have to go and take care of her.but next wk looks good ;D
S1000R
R1250RS

flamecrow

I'm in. Haven't been out in a long time due to work and obligations. Will be good to see some old and new faces :)

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on August 05, 2015, 06:43:21 PM
I'm in.

Also open to making it a longer loop beyond Downieville if anyone else wants to.
You know me, I'm open to whatever.

If some riders want to join, they're welcome.  If not, the ride back is just as fun as the ride there.

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on August 07, 2015, 06:20:10 AM
no go for me this time. mother has a plumbing problem in santa cruz  :'(

so i have to go and take care of her.but next wk looks good ;D
Isn't everything related to plumbing???  Funny how that works.

Sorry to hear on both accounts.   Hope things work out so you can come along again soon.

dub

Sweet, sounds like a nice group.

Quote from: slmoto on August 06, 2015, 12:59:13 PM
I have the video pass so airs whenever i put it on.

They'll be running live right in the middle of our ride.

Word. I'm in.