Main Menu

Current Shop Rate?

Started by Vegasrider, June 29, 2015, 01:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Glad they will do the work while you wait, they're great people to work with.   Reminds me I need to call Jerry and order a front tire.
Live long and prosper \V/

Vegasrider

Jerry called me the other day to inform me my parts were in.  I swung by after work tonight, Rich swapped out both sprockets and installed a new chain and I was out the door in less than 45 minutes.  They quoted me one hour's worth of labor or $80 but only charged me actual time, which was about 45 minutes max or $65.  Great service at a very reasonable price.  Michael's of Reno quoted me 1.5 hours of labor.  The cost of the parts and install with Motosource was cheaper than what Michael's wanted for parts alone.

GreenMachine

I was there two days ago ordering parts.  MS has always been great to me as well.  I know I can order my parts online, but I'm willing to pay more if it keeps a great service resource like them running.  Turns out, I don't have to.  Their pricing is competitive enough that with service it's a wash, so why not go through them!  And it makes me feel good to support the local guy. (Jerry, Rich and Shaley).

BTW, did you bring up the SSA discount?  They honor that too, since we keep bringing in (new rider) business to them.  I think it's only 10% or something, but it's free for the asking.  Just tell them that you ride with the SSA.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.