Main Menu

Roll call - RG's 10:00 @ Squeeze 10/19/14 Destination unknown

Started by GreenMachine, October 19, 2014, 09:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I know!  Last minute.  Really last minute.  I'm doing this as a service to anyone looking to ride today.

RG wants to meet for breakfast at, hold on I'm looking this up, at Squeeze In on Foothill Road & S. Virginia (25 foothill road).  Somebody kept me out into the wee hours of this morning, so I'm seeing if 10:30 will work for meeting y'all there.  That gives me less than an hour.  There's no way I can get there in 30 minutes.  And I'd kind of like to have confirmation from him, which I don't have yet, that he's still going.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I'm heading out in a few minutes.  Haven't heard back from RG yet, because his phone is turned off.  I'm assuming he has called this ride off.

You rambunctious types can still see if he's there for B-fast.  I'll be there soon.  If nothing happening and still no contact, I'll probably take a C- pace spin out to Downieville.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

And no sooner have I shut everything down, I get a TM from him.  His ride is cancelled for today.

I'm still thinking of a quick out-n-back to D-ville though.  Pace will be slower to just plain slow.  I'll try to capture some of my own Fall foliage pics too, but I think we have some really good ones taken so far.  Enough that I can use on the main page.

RocketRider

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Decent road conditions considering the time of year.  Yuba Pass has been brine washed which you wouldn't think would make a difference, only it must get a heavy dew during the night.  It's that time of year where every shady corner is wet.  Combined with the brine wash, I'd imagine it to be slippery.  Although, I didn't get the tires loose at any point today.  Lots of shattered fallen rocks.  Just have to keep your eyes pealed for them, which is becoming more difficult with the ever increasingly shaded roadways, given the receding travel of the Sun.  Only one leo spotted all day.  :angel  No big.  I was riding like an angel anyway.

Downieville was deads-ville.  Not very many people visiting.  Quite a few HD groups out rumbling around.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RocketRider on October 19, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
I looked too late damn :\
You considering riding street with only four gears?

Not to worry though, RG TM'ed me and said nobody had expressed interest so he made other plans.  Unspecific what those plans were.

GreenMachine

GM - GreenMachine
PM - Private Message
TM - Text Message

RocketRider

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 19, 2014, 04:34:09 PM
Quote from: RocketRider on October 19, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
I looked too late damn :\
You considering riding street with only four gears?
The gears work, they just like to pop out under highload and rpm. Just can't ride aggressive which is fine for street :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!