Main Menu

New ride for GM

Started by Tahoebrian5, September 19, 2014, 03:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

GM, your Kawi is getting old. Time to upgrade to the new Ninja H2. Rumors are claiming 220 hp.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

I know she's getting old, but I love her.  And when she's up for retirement, you'll be seeing me on the other one. 

I know, boring!  Right?!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

For all you Kawi fans, this sounds interesting.   The tag line,  The kind of acceleration no rider has experienced before!

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/300hp-kawasaki-ninja-h2-h2r-093717499.html
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

"This power number makes the Ninja H2R the highest-horespower motorcycle ever manufactured, beating out Kawasaki's own ZX-14R."
It may be a new bike for Jimbo rather than GM.

Tahoebrian5

Good point you have there. I hope it has some really good traction control

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Mel

GM, you need a hot young mistress (Ninja H2) to bring some excitement back into your life :)!

Mel

GreenMachine

I have one better and it'll be the silver bike I will be riding over the next several months.  She's a widow maker...

if TB5 has anything to do with it.   :o

I've read and seen the H2 introductions and the bike does nothing for me.  It'll beat all rivals in the straight line, including the FZ-7.  Or so I'm told.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

GM, the H2 and FZ7 are an apples to oranges comparison, but with that said, I'll stick with my red plum which is so sweet going down a bumpy ass goat road 8)!

Mel

Tahoebrian5

If 300 hp does nothing for you then you need help! Not Thad I'd buy one but just saying

GreenMachine

300 HP would mean I could idle and coast more with that bike than I do with my present bike.  I already idle and coast a lot.  To me, that sounds like a lot more stress on my clutch hand.  :|)

Mel

Where could you use 300hp on the street...oh yeah on a long straight road...BORING :|)!!

Mel

Tahoebrian5

You guys are completely missing the point. With that much hp, everytime you come out of a turn the front end would be in the air. My bike only has 160, and at sea level the thing is an animal.. Feels completely different than up here. Just because I have all that power doesn't mean I'm only having fun on long straights. Not to mention we are Americans and have a responsibility to supersize everything. All I'm saying is boring is not even close to the correct word to describe the H2

RichVee4

With the era of electronics and TC we could see bikes with crazy hp numbers, but in reality most of that power will be limited.  Straight line acceleration would be fun to try once. 

Last year we saw how well GP bikes do without TC, (Pedrosa crash right after rear TC sensor was damaged by Marquez)

Not likely there will be an off switch. 
Live long and prosper \V/

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 01, 2014, 10:56:07 PM
I've read and seen the H2 introductions and the bike does nothing for me.  It'll beat all rivals in the straight line, including the FZ-7.  Or so I'm told.

From my experience, Liter bikes man-handle light and middle-weight bikes piloted by 'Goad Road' Superheros on their own turf just fine, so I suspect the H2 will only increase it's riders wait time at the meet up point during rides.   ;D

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on October 02, 2014, 10:01:00 AM
With that much hp, everytime you come out of a turn the front end would be in the air.
All I'm saying is boring is not even close to the correct word to describe the H2

Certainly Kawi wouldn't put together an bike of this much technology without thinking through that potential issue, lest it become known as the "Looping widow-maker'

They haven't released details, but wheelie-control/suppression system in conjunction with the front end downward air deflecting 'wings' that are visible would handle this potential issue.

I think it will be a fun and capable bike in a diverse number of riding venues (dirt not included) ;D